Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas: Top 4 Games at Georgia Tech

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Did he not ask that he no longer be referred to that way? I read the Denver paper online and I've never seen it in there, nor heard a player refer to him as anything other than his given name.

I was responding to posts that spelled it like the cartoon from which it arose rather than like his tattoo. I don't know about your question.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, but his problem goes all the way back to Georgia. But seriously, this is beyond occasional whiffs. He is in Stephen Hill territory now.
He was 6th in total drops but his drop rate was still better than over 130 players at 5.1%, better than some guys like Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Amari Cooper... He had a down year for sure and he had a lot of drops. I won't deny that. He still put up 1300 yards though good for 7th best in the league this year. Seems like a little hyperbole to be putting him in Stephen Hill territory.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2015/
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2015/seasontype/2

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thomas catches that ball, we beat uga, they don't go to a bowl, fire Richt and hire Muschamp. Oh what might have been. For want of a catch a kingdom was lost.
If Thomas caught that ball, all we had was a chance to beat UGA with a first down from, what, the 15 yard line (?), without hardly any time left needing a TD. His drop ended our chances, for sure, but, had he made the catch, the game was still far from decided.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If Thomas caught that ball, all we had was a chance to beat UGA with a first down from, what, the 15 yard line (?), without hardly any time left needing a TD. His drop ended our chances, for sure, but, had he made the catch, the game was still far from decided.
Hard to say. I think the reason he dropped the ball was because his brain was already making fine calculations on how he was going to juke and stiff arm the nearest defender and race for a touchdown. Having seen him do that several times in the past, I think there is a 50/50 chance that he scores if he catches that ball. But easy to say with hindsight.

At the very least I think many of us believe that if he catches that ball Tech wins. I certainly do.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
bay bay needs to call the guys at duck dynasty and have them shoot down all these ducks Peyton is throwing at him.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
bay bay needs to call the guys at duck dynasty and have them shoot down all these ducks Peyton is throwing at him.

Catching ducks from Manning is better than watching the ball hit the dirt from Tebow. I'm a Tebow fan, but still kinda irked me that Tebow's most famous throw (OT slant that DT took 80 yards to the house to win a playoff game against the Steelers) is attributed more to him than DT's ability to take beast defenders and go.

Manning has always said that QBs need WRs like DT. Someone who can take a 5 yard slant or screen pass and turn it into a 20+ yard gain. DT has certainly been that at GT and in the NFL.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
More powerful, maybe, because he does run really mean. But more athletic? Not in this universe. Besides, and I hope I don't rain on a parade because I like the guy, Thomas better stop dropping the ball before he is Stephen Hill'd out of the league. Two more drops on the biggest stage in the Super Bowl to go with a spate of them late in the year. Even the Denver newspaper has focused on it and will going forward because if they are to have any chance of repeating Thomas has to step up and stay up. if there is a once in a lifetime WR, we all know which one he is.
I agree. It's not even close. Calvin 6'4-6'5 235 lbs running a 4.35 with his jumping ability has been probably THE most athletic WR in the NFL since Randy Moss. Bay Bay isn't close. I love the guy but no one is or ever will be Calvin at GT.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
More powerful, maybe, because he does run really mean. But more athletic? Not in this universe. Besides, and I hope I don't rain on a parade because I like the guy, Thomas better stop dropping the ball before he is Stephen Hill'd out of the league. Two more drops on the biggest stage in the Super Bowl to go with a spate of them late in the year. Even the Denver newspaper has focused on it and will going forward because if they are to have any chance of repeating Thomas has to step up and stay up. if there is a once in a lifetime WR, we all know which one he is.
I agree. It's not even close. Calvin 6'4-6'5 235 lbs running a 4.35 with his jumping ability has been probably THE most athletic WR in the NFL since Randy Moss. Bay Bay isn't close. I love the guy but no one is or ever will be Calvin at GT.