Brenton Cox

Just remembered the other one .... Tyrone Sorrells who played on the OL in 85 and 86. He acknowledged that he was the student-athlete cited in an NCAA investigation that led to Georgia being docked seven football scholarships over two seasons. The NCAA found that Georgia alumnus had given Sorrells a $290 loan to buy a $900 used car. Sadly, Tyrone died last August at age 55.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Well there were some folks bad mouthing him on Twitter this morning and his mom got on there and started raising hell. The folks were supposedly Tech fans

Honestly, our fans can be as stupid as any. No need to go after any kid on social media.

Then also, I could go after some kid on Twitter and frame it as if I were a ugagger.

This is why I don’t see the upside to post about players that get in some sort of trouble at other schools.

How did we help our program with the posts about the g.s. player getting into trouble?

I have always been taught to take care of my own first.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Honestly, our fans can be as stupid as any. No need to go after any kid on social media.

Then also, I could go after some kid on Twitter and frame it as if I were a ugagger.

This is why I don’t see the upside to post about players that get in some sort of trouble at other schools.

How did we help our program with the posts about the g.s. player getting into trouble?

I have always been taught to take care of my own first.
Exactly on point. It serves no purpose to bash a KID on social media...

Sometimes Twitter makes me wanna puke. Its cancer.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I will say this. I've heard good and bad things. At the moment the bad out weigh the good. I hear lack of effort, had the 5 star disease. Thinking a ranking gave him 1st string. Can he be an asset? YES. Do I think he possibly needs an attitude adjustment? YES.

If he can come in here and bust his @$$, show that he is humble and will work on every down. Then I am all for him. If he comes in with a ton of talent but thinks playing time will be easy because we have only 1 other 5 star on defense then I say, no. The other 5 star is Clayton

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes a change of scenery can help. If he wants to come here and our staff properly vets him, I’m all for it. Having elite talent attracts more elite talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
He was arrested in April for marijuana. He was with another player, so I don't know if it was his, the other guys, or both.

I saw several articles that said he was dismissed from the team. I have no idea if that is true. If it is true, I have no idea what he was dismissed for. I do think that if he was dismissed from the team, that it deserves extra scrutiny before inviting him to be on the team no matter how talented he is.
I read an article about his dismissal and the only thing that was mentioned that could be a reason was the issue with weed. I found it interesting that, if that is the reason, it took them this long to dismiss him, and it just happened to coincide with him being downgraded to running with the 3rd string.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I read an article about his dismissal and the only thing that was mentioned that could be a reason was the issue with weed. I found it interesting that, if that is the reason, it took them this long to dismiss him, and it just happened to coincide with him being downgraded to running with the 3rd string.
Unless there is something deeper, I am OK with recruiting this young man.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Unless there is something deeper, I am OK with recruiting this young man.

I have seen some rumors of something deeper. I don't put a lot of stock into rumors. However, my statement about extra scrutiny still applies. I wasn't there and don't know what happened. It is between him and the mutt coaches/team. He won't owe me any kind of explanation even if he plays at GT. However, the coaches should know and understand whatever the situation was before trying to get him to come the GT.