Brenton Cox

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I saw Ezzard's tweet earlier. Honestly, a tweet from a friend isn't a real strong indicator that we are considering bringing him in. Wait and see. The very suggestion is sure to ruffle some feathers here, but I will trust the staff to make a determination. Misdemeanor pot really doesn't get me up in arms and this is a 5 star player, so I'm cool with it if we are his landing spot.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I'd love for him to come here for multiple reasons but I, like most people on this board, am not going to put much stock into a tweet from one of our student athletes

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Heard rumors
1. if true, would preclude him from desiring to become a tech man.

2. If false would make me want to see a 5 star join the practice squad this year and possibly play next year.

3. If an option, Cgc has to decide and make it work.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Ok let's be honest, weed is EXTREMELY common in college now a days. It's hard to NOT find it tbh, the football kids are just under a microscope for the most part. If this guy is a good kid then I say we give him a shot. Ain't nearly as bad for you as alcohol, and is a hell of a lot better than tobacco.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Ok let's be honest, weed is EXTREMELY common in college now a days. It's hard to NOT find it tbh, the football kids are just under a microscope for the most part. If this guy is a good kid then I say we give him a shot. Ain't nearly as bad for you as alcohol, and is a hell of a lot better than tobacco.
I dont think it was the weed tho. Just think he wasnt happy there. Maybe fell behind the depth chart..

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I dont think it was the weed tho. Just think he wasnt happy there. Maybe fell behind the depth chart..

He was arrested in April for marijuana. He was with another player, so I don't know if it was his, the other guys, or both.

I saw several articles that said he was dismissed from the team. I have no idea if that is true. If it is true, I have no idea what he was dismissed for. I do think that if he was dismissed from the team, that it deserves extra scrutiny before inviting him to be on the team no matter how talented he is.