Brent Key possibly to South Carolina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Wonder what they would be offering him since he wouldn't be head coach.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
For those with no social media, can anyone post these messages? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: nod

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
They just hired an O Coordinator yesterday. Would make no sense for a lateral move. If it was about money he prolly woulda stayed at Bama.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Some twitter chatter that this could happen. That wouldn't be ideal.
Where are you seeing this?
I would hope we would be able to keep him. The only thing they could offer is more money which is still a factor. I would hope he would want to finish what he started at his alma mater prior to moving on. Hell, he came from Alabama to Tech. I could understand a HC position or maybe NFL. South Carolina? Nah, dont see it.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
442B268D-875A-4DD2-8D61-93CB89F5E376.jpeg

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
After some googling I found the below from a SC account:

Doesn't really make sense to me to leave your alma mater for an arguably lateral move?? Definite downgrade from Alabama

Only reasons I could think of would be money or if he has lost faith in what CGC is doing. But I'm not really buying that from where I sit. We'll see

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
That Fifth Quarter tweet is the only thing out there and they don’t seem to have any sources or reliable information. In my opinion, the only way the move makes sense is if they offered him a huge raise over what he’s making now. Doesn’t make sense that he would leave Bama to come to his alma mater but then leave for USC two years later, at least to me

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Only thing is if he has lost faith in Collins. Maybe he didn't like how the grayson stuff went down.

I wouldn't be all that shocked if he left. Being a GT fan has conditioned me to believe we can't have anything nice.

Deleted member 2897

SEC offensive line coaches early around $700k I think (+/-). It could be a little raise for him. But would also be a loss of title. And South Carolina is a mess right now, so he'd be starting over. If he took a job like that, it would be a very bad sign to me because it would imply he was wanting to jump ship.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
SEC offensive line coaches early around $700k I think (+/-). It could be a little raise for him. But would also be a loss of title. And South Carolina is a mess right now, so he'd be starting over. If he took a job like that, it would be a very bad sign to me because it would imply he was wanting to jump ship.
That is what I think South Carolina is a big mess and I don't see it being a better job.

Status
Not open for further replies.