Brent Key is not the answer

ramble_on92

Georgia Tech Fan
Thought last night was a pretty well coached game overall. I believe our players finally showed their full potentials like Key alluded to in the ACC postgame interview. I believe defensively we still need a coaching upgrade and some portal/recruiting improvements - but I am overall happy with Key’s performance and his dedication to this school after last night’s win.

slugboy

Staff member
My
Thought last night was a pretty well coached game overall. I believe our players finally showed their full potentials like Key alluded to in the ACC postgame interview. I believe defensively we still need a coaching upgrade and some portal/recruiting improvements - but I am overall happy with Key’s performance and his dedication to this school after last night’s win.
I have seen tackling improvement this season. There are just so many reps, and we had some bad fundamentals.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Well the folks that said we should have gotten Deion instead, have sure quieted down. They are currently sitting at 4-4 as well with another loss last night

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Just think, Key is now 8-8 in his first 16 games. If that's not real measurable improvement over TFG, I don't know what is.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s a new day. Objectively 4-4 with wins over ranked Miami and UNC ‘feels differently’ than trading those wins for BG and BC. It gives hope to our potential while instilling fear for inexplicable losses. UVA and Syracuse are coin tosses. And 4-4 Clemson ain’t a world-beater… they’re us.

But if we want to continue Jekyll / Hyde this season, I’ll take LWLW for the next month.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Not looking for a fight but there is a key question. I’m receiving several request to help with an NIL matching fund drive. The majority on this board are positive now, but also share comments about landing better Defensive players via the portal. In today’s world that requires money (NIL) . The NIL solicitations I’ve seen have some smaller pay amount options. suggest we all contribute to NIL (even if you can’t attend the games). I am.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Not looking for a fight but there is a key question. I’m receiving several request to help with an NIL matching fund drive. The majority on this board are positive now, but also share comments about landing better Defensive players via the portal. In today’s world that requires money (NIL) . The NIL solicitations I’ve seen have some smaller pay amount options. suggest we all contribute to NIL (even if you can’t attend the games). I am.
I just contributed to the Techway yesterday after the win. I was initially hesitant to do so because I hate that college sports has become totally about that, but I decided I'm going to do what I can to help even though it wasn't a large amount.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow

To be honest, I’m ignorant on the details of the NIL. Would you mind explaining the nuts and bolts (or point me where to look)? Take for example our defensive players that Ole Piss ‘bought’. I know the school didn’t cut them a check but in my mind, it’s simpler to think in those terms.

Since it’s a two-way street, I get the focus on obtaining incoming positions but protecting off-going is important too. We’ve certainly got some folks on offense that we need to ensure they remain here and don’t get poached.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
To be honest, I’m ignorant on the details of the NIL. Would you mind explaining the nuts and bolts (or point me where to look)? Take for example our defensive players that Ole Piss ‘bought’. I know the school didn’t cut them a check but in my mind, it’s simpler to think in those terms.

Since it’s a two-way street, I get the focus on obtaining incoming positions but protecting off-going is important too. We’ve certainly got some folks on offense that we need to ensure they remain here and don’t get poached.
Go to www.Techway.com. It is a way of paying athletes for their Name , Image, and Likeness. Actually started with Michael Jordon and Nike in their contract. It’s not part of a college scholarship or any other package, yes, some have been (below the table money before) into abusing the system. NIL is part of the landscape today . Most of the athletes at GT are receiving some (lower) level of NIL. however, the studs are known and we seem to have gotten robbed the last few years.
Key gave a talk to the GT fans at Lake Oconee in May. WE WILL RECRUIT -STUDENT ATHLETES WHO WANT A DEGREE FROM GT, BUT AS MENTIONED WE ARE IN AN NIL WORLD. That’s how Ole Miss and others grabbed our kids.
I had to think about this since I have a been a long time AA and School GT contributor . Would like to compete at least with the majority of other athletic programs. Hope this helps. When you look at the site , you’ll notice it’s not thousands of dollars , but smaller amounts. It is better to have 10,000 smaller contributors that 15 large ones. That’s how Collins got here.
Hope this helps.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
For those of you that are flying just as off of last night's win as they were deflated after the BC loss, please remember almost every team has a "house of horrors". Just a place, win or lose, they don't tend to place particularly well and Charlottesville is that place for us. Please try to keep this in mind before, during, and after the overreactions following next week's game.

Go Jackets!!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
For those of you that are flying just as off of last night's win as they were deflated after the BC loss, please remember almost every team has a "house of horrors". Just a place, win or lose, they don't tend to place particularly well and Charlottesville is that place for us. Please try to keep this in mind before, during, and after the overreactions following next week's game.

Go Jackets!!

This. ATL is where good UNC teams go to die. Charlottesville is where GT dreams are generally shattered.

There may be no more Coastal but the Chaos still thrives in the ACC.

GT33

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!!
Thanks for reminding us. Damn cheese eating zima drinkers got our number.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
To be fair, I believe we’re still paying off karmic debt for that glorious win in Charlottesville in 1990. Which I’ll take, even though it seems like our debt should be paid off at some point.

But yeah - I still dislike them and their fans.
Not sure who Karmic is but if someone knows what it’s going to take to pay that bastard off I’ll gladly donate.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Damn cheese eating zima drinkers got our number.
Find a way to win.....

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs Eating GIF

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Go to www.Techway.com. It is a way of paying athletes for their Name , Image, and Likeness. Actually started with Michael Jordon and Nike in their contract. It’s not part of a college scholarship or any other package, yes, some have been (below the table money before) into abusing the system. NIL is part of the landscape today . Most of the athletes at GT are receiving some (lower) level of NIL. however, the studs are known and we seem to have gotten robbed the last few years.
Key gave a talk to the GT fans at Lake Oconee in May. WE WILL RECRUIT -STUDENT ATHLETES WHO WANT A DEGREE FROM GT, BUT AS MENTIONED WE ARE IN AN NIL WORLD. That’s how Ole Miss and others grabbed our kids.
I had to think about this since I have a been a long time AA and School GT contributor . Would like to compete at least with the majority of other athletic programs. Hope this helps. When you look at the site , you’ll notice it’s not thousands of dollars , but smaller amounts. It is better to have 10,000 smaller contributors that 15 large ones. That’s how Collins got here.
Hope this helps.
www.Thetechway.com

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!!
The Jackets' record there is a matter of historical fact, but I can't think of any concrete reason for it. I can't see anything about Charlottesville that would give us the willies. Seems a function of happenstance.
Time to get over it and win one up there. If we lose it won't be because Scott Stadium is some kind of jinx for us. There's no such thing. The Hoos are getting better by the week. Hope our guys are ready.