Brent Key is not the answer

JacketFan137

Banned
It's not , but you know just as much as I do that were in a bad place right now. Do you really think it would be smart to fire another coach again.
It doesn't take a genius either to understand the we aren't getting a better coach anytime soon, maybe better assistants

I honestly do think key can dig us out,.but will take time and patience. Unlike Collins
i think this program needs a hard reset. this is just collins all over again but he’s not as heavy on the social media. need brand new blood on all sides of the ball and a true commitment to a rebuild. not the. dollar tree hope and pray coaching staff

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
i think this program needs a hard reset. this is just collins all over again but he’s not as heavy on the social media. need brand new blood on all sides of the ball and a true commitment to a rebuild. not the. dollar tree hope and pray coaching staff
If we do that, we're still looking at at least another 3-4 years of being meh with the same thing we're in now. You ok with that?

I honestly think we got spoiled under CPJ , but at the same time we didn't really have a good athletic director that saw the evolving landscape on CFB

JacketFan137

Banned
If we do that, we're still looking at at least another 3-4 years of being meh with the same thing we're in now. You ok with that?

I honestly think we got spoiled under CPJ , but at the same time we didn't really have a good athletic director that saw the evolving landscape on CFB
gotta get the bat off your shoulder and swing. not a fan of riding out key when we know the guy just can’t coach

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
gotta get the bat off your shoulder and swing. not a fan of riding out key when we know the guy just can’t coach
Guess I'm just not in the mindset as you, where we gotta give him more of a chance. Because honestly folks like you will just dump on the next coach we get if you aren't happy .

JacketFan137

Banned
Guess I'm just not in the mindset as you, where we gotta give him more of a chance. Because honestly folks like you will just dump on the next coach we get if you aren't happy .
give me a break man. i defended collins til the very end and wanted key to be successful. absolutely tired of people excusing key when the guy is coaching this team into the ground with poor clock management, awful timeouts, complete lack of discipline and allowing this team to just give up and get defeated at home by inferior opponents.

i wish for key to be wildly successful but he has **** the bed at home two games in a row with awful coaching and i can’t pretend to believe anymore when he has given us zero to look forward to.

maybe some NIL money will seep in and change the current trajectory but if things remain the same there’s no reason to believe key is the guy to right the ship at this point

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
give me a break man. i defended collins til the very end and wanted key to be successful. absolutely tired of people excusing key when the guy is coaching this team into the ground with poor clock management, awful timeouts, complete lack of discipline and allowing this team to just give up and get defeated at home by inferior opponents.

i wish for key to be wildly successful but he has **** the bed at home two games in a row with awful coaching and i can’t pretend to believe anymore when he has given us zero to look forward to.

maybe some NIL money will seep in and change the current trajectory but if things remain the same there’s no reason to believe key is the guy to right the ship at this point
Post game interview he is still questioning if everyone on the team is all-in. That on him and the coaches- ridiculous excuse after 2 weeks to get ready for “another” home game that could get you to a bowl.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
IMPO, CBK does need to learn how to be a head ball coach. He brings some good things to the table, but he has to grow in his profession. It seems to me what is hurting us is the inconsistency. I like our transfers, but that is what cost some of them PT where they were at before. It just takes time. Unfortunately, CBK is following 3+ years of TFG and fans’ patience is short. At this point I honestly don’t know what to expect the rest of the way.

I will say that BC is better than I thought, so today’s loss is not a total bummer. I’ve just had it in the W column all season long. Silly me.
The BC coach impressed me today. Several Georgia players on their team today that contributed. QB had a good game today. Ripped up our D. I think it's time to completely clean out the defensive staff next year. And oh BTW- where were our LB's today.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
The BC coach impressed me today. Several Georgia players on their team today that contributed. QB had a good game today. Ripped up our D. I think it's time to completely clean out the defensive staff next year. And oh BTW- where were our LB's today.
I didn't see much our D did well today, TBH. When you yield almost 600 yards offense, there's just not much you can say. The O once again was inconsistent and King's TO's are becoming problematic. This is what got him benched at TAMU. Not the game plan or the effort I expected to see coming off a big win at Miami and with a week off to prepare. I have amended my season expectations accordingly, I think. It's going to be next year at the earliest before any corners are turned.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't see much our D did well today, TBH. When you yield almost 600 yards offense, there's just not much you can say. The O once again was inconsistent and King's TO's are becoming problematic. This is what got him benched at TAMU. Not the game plan or the effort I expected to see coming off a big win at Miami and with a week off to prepare. I have amended my season expectations accordingly, I think. It's going to be next year at the earliest before any corners are turned.
Is GT’s defense really that bad from a talent standpoint or is coaching just not getting them in a better position? BC has not scored over 30 this year except against Tech and Holy Cross - PU!

JacketFan137

Banned
Is GT’s defense really that bad from a talent standpoint or is coaching just not getting them in a better position? BC has not scored over 30 this year except against Tech and Holy Cross - PU!
no. this is the issue with the calls for going back the option or complaining about insufficient talent. if we lose to uga or clemson, sure that’s probably a talent issue. losing to boston college and bowling green at home?? coaching, coaching, coaching. that’s the only thing we are getting beat in against a team like that

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Key is the man for now, too early to judge really.
But I don’t have the same confidence in our game day coaching as I did in the recent past pre Collins. Maybe it will gel with time, maybe having all these coaches in different roles is complicated. PJ was, relatively speaking, a one man show, simpler. Of course, defense was always a puzzle and still is.