Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
And you think saying it on this board repeatedly is going to get it answered? You know better than that. We've all heard you and he's not going to see it here nor come on here to answer it. Seriously, consider moving on to something profitable.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
And you think saying it on this board repeatedly is going to get it answered? You know better than that. We've all heard you and he's not going to see it here nor come on here to answer it. Seriously, consider moving on to something profitable.

I’ve talked about it more than most but I’m not the only one that has a problem with it. I’d rather have gotten someone else. I’d have hated it if he had gotten the OC job.

He’s here now. I hope he does a good job. I think it’s stupid if he doesn’t refute it if it really isn’t true. Wouldn’t that make everyone feel better anyway? Or are all of y’all scared to hear the truth?

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve talked about it more than most but I’m not the only one that has a problem with it. I’d rather have gotten someone else. I’d have hated it if he had gotten the OC job.

He’s here now. I hope he does a good job. I think it’s stupid if he doesn’t refute it if it really isn’t true. Wouldn’t that make everyone feel better anyway? Or are all of y’all scared to hear the truth?
If it were more than just the nature of the business and really common knowledge outside of small circles of fans, wouldn’t Ken S. or somebody else on the beat already have picked this issue up and have written about it to generate clicks and have a story?

This whole thing is getting old and tiring seeing it come up over and over. I share the view of many other posters and think we should let it go. But if you and the guys who share the same opinion want to go on a crusade, it’s very easy to get this in front of a beat writer to get answered in front of Dodd and everybody. That is, if the writer thinks it’s even worth it...

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Nobody is scared. We just think it is a nothing burger non-issue.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow

No one cares. Get a life!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I thought MikeJacket shut this thread down

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

No it wouldn’t make most people feel better because most don’t care. Besides what is there for him to refute? Is there an accusation out there I haven’t seen? Has anyone asked him about it? You clearly have a personal grudge based on something you read on the internet. Are you really interested in making this an issue publicly? What a great way to support your team.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’d rather keep bringing it up until it’s answered. If not and I happen to bump into him at fan day I’ll ask him straight up.

What if you publicly dredge up some old, forgotten rumor that may well have no validity, and in doing so spark some sort of false meme that takes on a life of its own? If something is repeated enough times, it will be believed by a good chunk of the populous regardless of whether it's true. Would that be helpful to Georgia Tech? Or would that serve our opponents? If there's any truth to it, I'm sure it will come up in due time, and if there's not, it's better to let it go.

He's hired. It's done. I don't see any good that can come from hammering on this. There is absolutely no proof or even any evidence that I can find that there's anything to this. I understand why it bothers some folks (it bothers me a little, too) but I don't understand why any Tech fan would pursue it relentlessly in the absence of any real evidence. If you ask him privately, and I mean out of earshot, fine. And it's not my business, anyway. But outside of that it is my hope you would let it go.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No it wouldn’t make most people feel better because most don’t care. Besides what is there for him to refute? Is there an accusation out there I haven’t seen? Has anyone asked him about it? You clearly have a personal grudge based on something you read on the internet. Are you really interested in making this an issue publicly? What a great way to support your team.

I was against him before the hire. Just because he was hired doesn’t change my take.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
The funny thing is, I would bet every coach on staff has probably “negative” recruited GT if we had a mutual target.
Hell, my wife is a grad and she can “negative” recruit GT with the best of them. It’s a hard school, and a badge of honor to engineers can easily be spun into a hellscape to marginal students. Not to mention the whole no girls thing in the 90s or the “unsafe city” thing in any decade.
What I’m saying is, if you disqualified every coach who has ever bad mouthed us to a recruit we were both going after, there wouldn’t be many coaches left.
Oddly, the (alleged) fact he went negative against us shows he works for his money and is loyal to his employer and the school he works for. He left freaking Alabama to come home. Cut the former all American and assistant HC some slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.