Breaking News!! Artificial Turf

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Have to assume that #19 would be honored.

Hopefully we are a classy enough program so we dont have to ID it with the name of the player.

How could every Tech fan not know?

And if we keep the H O.F. names on UE facade - I hope we remove Bobby Gaston.

So what's the deal with Gaston?

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
A punk azz Head of SEC officials that punished the ENTIRE crew who did the GT vs ugag jasper thanks game.

Didn't have the integrity to stand by his crew for not cheating for an SEC team.

No room at Grant Field to honor him imo.

I was at BDS that day and remember what happened to the officials.. Had no idea about the Gaston GT connection.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’d want all white field with some darker old gold lines if we were going nuts with the field, but allegedly that’s not allowed any more.

That would not be allowed, but the reason is because the yard lines and any yard numbers printed on the field have to be white. The field may be any other color, however. There were some rules changes proposed some years back that would have outlawed it, but I don't believe they were ever adopted. If they were, I can't find anything stipulating that in the rules.

The rules:

http://www.amarefs.org/FR19.pdf

Scroll down to Rule 1 - The Game, Field, Players, and Equipment

I see nothing in there about the color of the field.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
A punk azz Head of SEC officials that punished the ENTIRE crew who did the GT vs ugag jasper thanks game.

Didn't have the integrity to stand by his crew for not cheating for an SEC team.

No room at Grant Field to honor him imo.
I would be willing to bet that that decision was made by the commissioner with lot's of "input" from Athens.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I would be willing to bet that that decision was made by the commissioner with lot's of "input" from Athens.

What was so bad about it was that it was intended to intimidate officials for making a decision that was seen as handing an ACC team a win over an SEC team. The message of bias was unmistakable, because there's no doubt they would have done nothing had it been the other way around.

This even though the officials did what their own SEC officials' handbook told them to do. In the event where no one saw whether a loose ball was caused by the ground, they were to defer to it being a fumble. Their view of the play was blocked. They did exactly what they were supposed to do.

Taylorshaw22

Georgia Tech Fan
There she is in all her glory. Coconut infill has yet to be placed though

Attachments

• 8145F4F7-C43E-4581-A89F-AD966BEF993E.jpeg
    8145F4F7-C43E-4581-A89F-AD966BEF993E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 554