Breaking News!! Artificial Turf

Because the GTAA refuses to bite the bullet and renovate, ie bringing up to code, the west stands. Yes it kinda cool that the original west stands are under the current stands, but if the cut a section or 2out and moved them to Calloway Plaza people will actually get to see them. And move the club seats behind our bench, and shift students to behind the opponents bench. But this is the GTAA we're talking about.

ADTS did say early in the year they are working on a master plan for BDS@HGF. Cant wait for that to be made public.
I actually like that idea.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Because the GTAA refuses to bite the bullet and renovate, ie bringing up to code, the west stands. Yes it kinda cool that the original west stands are under the current stands, but if the cut a section or 2out and moved them to Calloway Plaza people will actually get to see them. And move the club seats behind our bench, and shift students to behind the opponents bench. But this is the GTAA we're talking about.

ADTS did say early in the year they are working on a master plan for BDS@HGF. Cant wait for that to be made public.
About Time!!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Thought this would be interesting regarding the newest generation of artificial turf. 2 of these fields are natural grass, and 2 of them are turf.

Quick! Tell me which are which:

29815820-F5AF-4B9F-8039-83F346FD62FC.jpeg

8906FDD3-405D-44CE-B112-AF25240E1C36.jpeg

6568FB75-9EBD-4B04-985C-B5B9EF497485.jpeg

DB1CD248-DCD9-47A8-B82E-FADDF021F4B3.jpeg

Taylorshaw22

Georgia Tech Fan
“And the coconut fiber fill keeps it about 30-40 degrees cooler than tire infill. It will all be uniform color. I have a pic. Tried to find what mimicked Bermuda the best. And probably will just paint it different every week. Collins wants the trophie imojis that he has on his Twitter on the field” from my friend that works in the athletics department

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Second from the left is the turf they picked.
You better hide this before Milwaukee has an aneurysm.
“And the coconut fiber fill keeps it about 30-40 degrees cooler than tire infill. It will all be uniform color. I have a pic. Tried to find what mimicked Bermuda the best. And probably will just paint it different every week. Collins wants the trophie imojis that he has on his Twitter on the field” from my friend that works in the athletics department
Not quite sure how I feel about the trophies on the field. I suppose if they’re in a decent spot it would be kinda cool. Say the back line of the end zone, with the year’s underneath each trophy. If they’re on the actual field... that would probably be a little embarrassing. But something like:
“{1917 1928} Competition is King {1952 1990}” across the back line of the end zone probably wouldn’t be terrible.
I’m all for the turf and repainting it with different styles every week, but I really don’t want to go overboard with it. I’m sure we can expect appearances of 404 and ATL somewhere on the field as well.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I saw a picture yesterday that looked like grading and surveying is currently under way. Assuming there is a season, when can we expect to see this stuff installed? Mid July? That should give our guys some time getting used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Lol can’t wait to see what this actually turns out to look like