Brant and Jalen

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
had similar games, 7 solo tackles, 1 assisted (tied for team lead!), yet JJ gets praised by our fans while BM gets spewed with venom. Nice fan base.
I haven’t heard anyone say anything bad about BM after this game. I will say people probably noticed JJ a little more because of some tackles for loss and tackles at big points. BM did as well but sometimes you don’t notice as much because his tackles weren’t as much in open field.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The play - blitz where BM took the de and 45 Thomas cut under for the tackle had not stats.
The BM wiff on the up the middle blitz - "hey there goes the guy w the ball" also had no stats.

BM was way more active and played way closer to the l o s.
The fact he had to be accounted for - made other able to make plays. No stat for that.

He had Good game.

WWZ defense getting closer to being a gt thing.

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why it such a big deal they both played a good game. It’s all about team work not just one player. We won the game and we going Bowling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'll be honest, I thought this defense was tailor made for Brant. He's struggled this year...but not to the point deserving open hostility by some of our fans. It's disappointing some of the stuff I've read by some of our fans directed at Brant. It's OK to criticize his the plays he's missed, but some of the other stuff is uncalled for. If someone was better than Brant, coaches would have put him in already.

JJ had a game I envisioned for him for years. I beat the drum that Jalen Johnson needed to be moved to OLB years ago, and it looks like he's starting to feel more comfortable in the role. He's playing with a lot of confidence and attitude, and his range is showing. Good for him. Still needs to clean up his missed tackles, but he's making impact plays now.

I'm still SUPER excited about this defense and how it pairs well with our offense. This is just the beginning for CNW's crew...next year will be the step we've all been waiting for. Just need to figure out the DL situation, but I think if we can find impact LBs we'll be more than fine.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just need to figure out the DL situation, but I think if we can find impact LBs we'll be more than fine.

Sorry to derail, but does anyone know what happened to Adams? The TV took a commercial break while he was being attended to but I couldn't tell from the broadcast if he returned to play or not.

slugboy

Staff member
Sorry to derail, but does anyone know what happened to Adams? The TV took a commercial break while he was being attended to but I couldn't tell from the broadcast if he returned to play or not.

I’m not sure if he was just gassed, or if he got tagged and something was just numb. It just looked like he needed to come out for a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure if he was just gassed, or if he got tagged and something was just numb. It just looked like he needed to come out for a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looked like a head on collision - maybe with a running back. Might have been a shoulder stinger or something.

/