Brandon Gaudin is leaving

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
giveup.gif

Why can't we have nice things. Just give the job to Randy Waters and call it a day.

@dressedcheeseside whycome you liked Brandon better? Typical GT contrarianism? ;)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Westwood One sports...kind of a weird relationship. I believe they play a big role in our radio broadcasts. I found this interesting:

http://westwoodonesports.com/brandon-gaudin/

Sounds like they played a big role facilitating Gaudin's move.

I'll say this. GT has been a HUGE avenue for play-by-play guys getting to a more high profile job. There won't be lack of interest in replacing Gaudin.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I liked Wes a lot, too, but I thought Brandon brought more humor to the table.

Ah, ok. I wasn't big on listening to the call-in shows and such so I probably missed all that. I was a big Wes fan. I liked Brandon but, for me, he wasn't around long enough to get really attached to him (if that makes sense).

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Brandon was a stronger basketball play by play guy than football. 3 years later, he was still confused with the football terminology and simple concepts. That was a big thing CPJ and Gaudin joked about during radio shows, and you could tell in broadcasts. Of course, he won't have to deal with the unique offense of GT anymore, so that may help.

I thought overall he did a good job. Nothing super exceptional about his 3 years, but not someone we felt like took away from our broadcast. He had big shoes to fill following Wes, and he held up well.