Brains and Braun

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
That was great. Love his giving insight into what being a "coddled" football player at the Institute looks like as compared to at a Factory. Every college has to give priority registration to student athletes because they have mandatory practices and other obligations they must meet to fulfill their part of getting a free education. At a factory that means the school administration and AA can steer their players all into the same courses which are designed to ROB them of their free education and simply keep them unchallenged, undisciplined/trained by academic life, and uneducated fodder that is considered by the NCAA sham governing apparatus to be "eligible" to play football. At the factory it is exploitation, at the Institute it is invaluable preparation for life and an attempt to mature these young men from late adolescence into young adulthood.

Bobby Dodd couldn't hack it in school and settled for Tennessee. But when he had the chance to get back to Tech (where he wanted to go to college but couldn't hack it) he always knew that what will always set Tech players apart is that they will be smarter than the competition. In a special year like this one all you need to add to that is enough athleticism with total commitment to the concept of a team, toughness, and never giving up and Tech football can be at the pinnacle of the sport not in spite of its academic rigors and limitations compared to the factories but because of them.

Just look at the extent to which these offensive linemen made UGA and other defensive "superstars" practically give up and run away from them as games wore on.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
In a special year like this one all you need to add to that is enough athleticism with total commitment to the concept of a team, toughness, and never giving up and Tech football can be at the pinnacle of the sport not in spite of its academic rigors and limitations compared to the factories but because of them.

Just look at the extent to which these offensive linemen made UGA and other defensive "superstars" practically give up and run away from them as games wore on.

Awesome comment. Yes. GT has rediscovered itself. Let us never be ashamed of our academics, and let us actually sell it to the recruits, demonstrating that intelligence + teamwork + effort = succe$$ on the gridiron and in life. The good ones will come running.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
I love this spot. Reminds me of my son except he's a hockey player at Purdue. Same story though - loved Bill Nye or figuring out how to blow stuff up and now studying engineering.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Son played college Oline and is coach in HS. During game - orange bowl when Devine went in I text son and asked to rate Devine. He said a lot like Byron bell ( Carolina Panthers) whom he coached - says Devine has quick feet , agile , but needs work on arm position , said coaches will fix that. But added with emphasis " he is not near the STUD 78 he sub for.

I hope we move try to Rg next year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It is HARD to get into GT's MBA program without "real world" experience. Congrats to Braun, and good luck to him.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Son played college Oline and is coach in HS. During game - orange bowl when Devine went in I text son and asked to rate Devine. He said a lot like Byron bell ( Carolina Panthers) whom he coached - says Devine has quick feet , agile , but needs work on arm position , said coaches will fix that. But added with emphasis " he is not near the STUD 78 he sub for.

I hope we move try to Rg next year.

I would suspect he'll move to the right side, carrying on the tradition of Uzzi and Shaq! ;) And Shamire will slide in on the left side prepping for his move to the right!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I wondered if that was the situation. I once taught a kid, who from day one we called "Trey" but when we got to graduation I found out his real name. It was lemonjello baker the III . True story
Pronounced ( Le' Mon jew lo)