Brad Stewart earns acc postgraduate scholoarship

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Excellent work Brad. He also still holds the record for the longest thread on this Board. A great example to the Institute.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Excellent catch in the finals brought Brad to us.

Was working w Texas hs recruit Dontae Thompsom as possible late addition. He also became a famous by his catch to win state championship on sons best friends team. .
Well Gt signed Christian philpot who was expected to be super great. That sent my friend to accept the Texas Tech as a tight end - which they seldom use. He never got an offer from gt.

Philpot gained weight and went to UT martin and is doing well as a tight end. The Texas kid is now a starter at tight end for Texas Tech. Knowing what I know Dontae he could have played ball at gt, but the academic s would have been too steep.

Every body is happy !!

But we are the happiest.

Again thanks for making the catch.

You are a credit to our team and our institute.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Hope he shows out at his pro day!!!
Actually, that's a good point.
I asked Wesley Walkers mother if WW like Brad as a holder and she replied - he is great.
Hope he shows out as a slot receiver enough to get on a team where his route running knowledge can increase. Maybe he could be a holder.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It is called hyperbole. Clearly, no one would mistake BS for CJ. The point was that many posters on this site praised BS so much that you would think he was CJ.

On the flip side, I’ve never seen a fan base that had so many members constantly looking to downplay any accomplishments or snuff out any hype it’s own players get as GT. Most other teams it seems like their fans are always talking up every player on their roster (for example, how many “next Hershels” have we seen flame out, and those fans keep coming back to that well), but with us there’s always that segment of fans that push back on any hype. I’m not even talking about just Brad here, this goes way deeper than that...I’ve seen this among our fans pretty much since I started following the team in 99.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This was exactly my thought. If anything he got way more praise than he ever earned not too much undue criticism. Dont get me wrong, I like the dude and think he was a good player but to hear some folks around here tell it, you would think he was Calvin Johnson.
Funny, I’ve never heard that kind of praise for him. Got any examples?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Can we tack these on to the original Brad Stewart recruiting thread? You know for posterity and all. :eek:

Seriously though, Congrats to Brad and all the folks that EARNED the Postgraduate Scholarships.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Brad did have some outrageous high school clips, like leaping over Micah Abernathy for a TD (or a big catch, can't remember the result) in the Dome during the AA state championship game. He was a key member of BC's state championship baseball team, IIRC, and as PJ said, probably the best basketball player in the city of Savannah, which is saying something. so he had some bona fides as an athlete coming in. he wasn't a blazer by any means but he was a good athlete and as just as important, a good student.
his aunt and uncle are good friends and I hope I still get to see them in the stands this fall. they are two of my favorite people.
here's a simple equation - Brad Stewart=Tech man.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Brad did have some outrageous high school clips, like leaping over Micah Abernathy for a TD (or a big catch, can't remember the result) in the Dome during the AA state championship game. He was a key member of BC's state championship baseball team, IIRC, and as PJ said, probably the best basketball player in the city of Savannah, which is saying something. so he had some bona fides as an athlete coming in. he wasn't a blazer by any means but he was a good athlete and as just as important, a good student.
his aunt and uncle are good friends and I hope I still get to see them in the stands this fall. they are two of my favorite people.
here's a simple equation - Brad Stewart=Tech man.
Jim Walsh Jr. is a great man.