Brad Stewart earns acc postgraduate scholoarship

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
True freshmen starter. Played in 49 games in his 4 years. 40 consecutive starts. Countless unseeen blocks. HUGE catch vs FSU. Gobs of academic awards.

Not bad for a 2 star WR who almost had to gray shirt because he was one of the last ones signed in his recruiting class.
Also a huge catch on senior day against UVA. He really bailed TQM out and might have been the difference in the game. Most memorable play of senior day.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He took a lot of criticism from the fan base

b5af8c5a51915aa14b9bcf695fd01e954610f9dbdd162beea1e58201b0e1b253.jpg

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
This was exactly my thought. If anything he got way more praise than he ever earned not too much undue criticism. Dont get me wrong, I like the dude and think he was a good player but to hear some folks around here tell it, you would think he was Calvin Johnson.

I think he got it from both sides, starting with his recruiting thread. Some did make is sound like he was the second coming of Calvin, but others made it sound like he had no business on the field. That happens often in discussions, that people go to polar opposites instead of stating their actual opinions that aren't extremely far apart. He wasn't another Calvin, but he was an athletic WR who was a four year starter. He also was a great representative of the program from a social and academic standpoint.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This was exactly my thought. If anything he got way more praise than he ever earned not too much undue criticism. Dont get me wrong, I like the dude and think he was a good player but to hear some folks around here tell it, you would think he was Calvin Johnson.

Man please. No one here has ever compared Stewart to Calvin as if on equal footing. I challenge you to dig up one single example.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I had Brad in one of my classes. It is no surprise to me that he has earned this honor. He was an all-around fantastic representative of the Georgia Tech student-athlete, in every way...one of many that I have had the privilege of teaching in my time at Tech.

Way to go, Brad! (If you’re reading this, it’s me, Dr J...:))

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Man please. No one here has ever compared Stewart to Calvin as if on equal footing. I challenge you to dig up one single example.
It is called hyperbole. Clearly, no one would mistake BS for CJ. The point was that many posters on this site praised BS so much that you would think he was CJ.