Bracketology - Let's Do This

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
good news: their 5-man is not a post scorer. he plays on the perimeter like a point-center in their 5-out offense. i studied earlier this year but cant remember the details of the top of my head.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
No respect. It’s as if they missed our ACC championship game altogether. Whatever—let’s go win this thing.

How the ACC gets 7 and the SEC gets 6 is also mind blowing. We were down, sure. But even down, Clemson (ACC #5) beat Bama (runaway SEC #1) and MSU (SEC #9). And UK (SEC #8) went 8-9 in conference and went 0-4 against the ACC (#4, 6, 7, 11). Pretty sure UF over BC was their only H2H win. And they also lost to FSU.

7-1 against that sorry excuse for a conference. They should be getting maybe 4.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
My wife is showing me tweets that suggest lots of Illinois fans are thinking they got screwed in the seedlings, what with a good chance of facing us in the second round.

Let’s focus on that. We are trouble for anyone who has to face us next weekend.
Illinois Loyalty hasn’t even mentioned GT as their second round possible opponent yet

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
TV ratings play into seedings. How can Clemson be a 7 and us a 9? They think Clemson has more fans. Why does the B1G get so many high seeds? Big schools, lots of fans, several big cities represented in that conference. Lots of eyeballs.

CBS (and its money) runs this tournament.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
good news: their 5-man is not a post scorer. he plays on the perimeter like a point-center in their 5-out offense. i studied earlier this year but cant remember the details of the top of my head.

He can facilitate from the perimeter but he's a post scorer. Averaging 15 a game and doesn't shoot threes at all. But prepare for plenty of hooks on Moses.

Deleted member 2897

They just interviewed a selection committee member explaining why Louisville didn’t make it. Said st a NET of 56 and with a couple tournament upsets there just wasn’t enough room. Meanwhile Michigan State and their NET of 70 and sub 0.500 Big Ten record gets in. LOL. ****ing idiots.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
They just interviewed a selection committee member explaining why Louisville didn’t make it. Said st a NET of 56 and with a couple tournament upsets there just wasn’t enough room. Meanwhile Michigan State and their NET of 70 and sub 0.500 Big Ten record gets in. LOL. ****ing idiots.
They had much better wins than loserville.

bobbie_downtown

Georgia Tech Fan
If we didn’t have two bad home losses, we’d be 19-6 and looking at a 4 seed.

It seems the committee holds you responsible for bad losses more than they forgive you for good wins.