Bracketology 2024

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Davis and Bacot are good and experienced. Their weakness is that their other players are inconsistent contributors. Ingram and Ryan have good games sometimes. When one of them scores, they are tough to beat. When both of them score they can win it all.

A couple of their other guys are contributors. Cadeau is like Nait George without the outside shot. He can penetrate and pass. Trimble is a top notch defender but doesn't have much of an offensive game.
It was “interesting” watching MSU ignore Cadeau on the 3 point line and use his defender to double Bacot. Cadeau took 4 three pointers with enough time to drink coffee and take windage before shooting. They were begging him to shoot.

On the other side the physicality MSU got away with playing Bacot and Davis and Ryan was a different way to call the game

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
And NCSU survives. Two of four ACC teams punch the ticket to the S16.

Not bad for such a crappy basketball conference.
UNC is a #1 seed. Hardly considered crappy. NCST’s run is remarkable. Very happy for them. Their ACCT championship run was special. They benefitted playing Oakland vice Kentucky. Of course that’s how the Tourny works.

Clemson will be really challenged today. Beating Baylor would be a huge win for Clemson. I would not bet on Clemson. Hope I am wrong.

Duke will clearly be favored vs JMU but who the heck knows anything about JMU BB.

As discussed earlier Pitt’s non conference performance and schedule was poor and pathetic which kept them home.

UVA was a clear #3 in the ACC and they got destroyed in a first game. It seems Bennett’s system is not working very well come NCAAT time. Four of the last five times UVA has made the NCAAT his team lost their first game. Of course the one time they got past the first game they won the Tournament.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hater
-BYU

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Was thinking of BYU the whole time typing that post. Hoping no one would make the connection. You gettin' a diet of major side eye for lunch, EJack. :cautious:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot wait for these extra Covid years to go away.
You all remember when that random 24 or 25 year old graduate regularly showed up to college parties? Lot of folks considered them weird/creepy.

25 year old Cormac Ryan’s emotions on the court are hilarious in this context, especially when he went off against Duke’s roster.

Not gonna lie. I wouldn’t hate it if he was doing it for us. But otherwise as an observer it makes me kind of sad.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
You all remember when that random 24 or 25 year old graduate regularly showed up to college parties? Lot of folks considered them weird/creepy.

25 year old Cormac Ryan’s emotions on the court are hilarious in this context, especially when he went off against Duke’s roster.

Not gonna lie. I wouldn’t hate it if he was doing it for us. But otherwise as an observer it makes me kind of sad.
I was 26 when I graduated Tech, but that was because I spent four years in the Marines. I felt so much older than everyone and everyone thought I was a weird old man at just 26. Fun times.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I was 26 when I graduated Tech, but that was because I spent four years in the Marines. I felt so much older than everyone and everyone thought I was a weird old man at just 26. Fun times.
I was 26, same for me after 4 years in the Navy. My 4 years in the Navy were half way through. Went 2 years then returned to finish after the Navy.