Bracketology 2024

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
It was the same when Bird and Magic entered the NBA. The league, including all of the players, were better off for it but some (Dr. J) were resentful of the attention they garnered. Heck, those guys saved the league.
Nah - I think the NBA was better off when the Finals were on tape delay at 11:30 PM. Really enjoyed those games :ROFLMAO:

Back to reality - the corollary is John Daley saying everyone on the PGA tour should give 10% of their earnings to Tiger Woods for him raising the purses and money in the game.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The women's games were very entertaining and not just Iowa.
When you had Angel Reese at LSU, Paige Bueckers at UConn, JuJu Watkins at USC, Kamilla Cordoso at South Carolina.
The level of talent in this year's Tourney was the best they have ever had.
Interesting that most of them (except Watkins) were in the same HS Class. Sort of a 1979 feel to that.

Clark is so much fun to watch. I've never seen a women basketball player shoot that consistently from that deep. Her passing is also amazing.
She ended her career with something like 48 or 49 straight games of over 20 points.
Leading the country in both scoring and assists is pretty insane.

I watched at least as much women's college basketball as men's over the last 2 weeks - that has never happened before.

WNBA should be smart about this as it is their best chance to grow their sport.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Karl Malone, Michael Jordan, James Worthy, Charles Barkley, Isaiah Thomas, John Stockton, etc. transformed the league, really, from a league dominated by franchises to one dominated by stars. It set the table in this way for the league we have today.