Votes: 1 1.4%
  • BGSU by 7-13

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • BGSU by 14+

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I would take a one point win for all the games in the rest of the season, including this one. All we really need is something to build on.

Actually, however, I think both this game and the one up at Louisville have a real advantage for us: neither outfit has faced a spread option offense recently. Sort of like USF. Yes, we lost that game, but we had 602 yards total offense and 38 points in the process. My one hope = that we get either Mason or Howard untracked as a starting BB, especially on their blocking. The main reason the O has looked as herky-jerky as it has over the last two weeks is the injury to Benson. With him healthy the O would have been a lot smoother and much more productive. What we need now, imho, is for one of our two BBs to step up to the point where 15 carries = 90 yards rushing and their blocking is better. That might very well take another game or two and more practice competition to pull off. I sure do hope it happens soon.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I would take a one point win for all the games in the rest of the season, including this one. All we really need is something to build on.

Actually, however, I think both this game and the one up at Louisville have a real advantage for us: neither outfit has faced a spread option offense recently. Sort of like USF. Yes, we lost that game, but we had 602 yards total offense and 38 points in the process. My one hope = that we get either Mason or Howard untracked as a starting BB, especially on their blocking. The main reason the O has looked as herky-jerky as it has over the last two weeks is the injury to Benson. With him healthy the O would have been a lot smoother and much more productive. What we need now, imho, is for one of our two BBs to step up to the point where 15 carries = 90 yards rushing and their blocking is better. That might very well take another game or two and more practice competition to pull off. I sure do hope it happens soon.
So you're now officially "TakeThePoint"

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
So you're now officially "TakeThePoint"
I know that some here probably look on me as of the "Paul Johnson can do no wrong!!" school. So why did I pick takethepoints as a handle?

It was the direct result of Coach's predilection for going for it on 4th and short in the red zone. The year I started to haunt sites like this, we lost to UVA - again - because Coach - again - went for it inside the 15 and we got stopped. And guess what? We lost by 3 points because we didn't - wait for it - takethepoints. Unlike Coach, I'm not risk acceptant enough to ever leave points on the field. This is one of several aspects of his style that still drive me crazy. I also hate 2 point conversion attempts, btw.

Let's hope it doesn't come to something like that this Saturday and that, if it does, we will … takethepoints.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I know that some here probably look on me as of the "Paul Johnson can do no wrong!!" school. So why did I pick takethepoints as a handle?

It was the direct result of Coach's predilection for going for it on 4th and short in the red zone. The year I started to haunt sites like this, we lost to UVA - again - because Coach - again - went for it inside the 15 and we got stopped. And guess what? We lost by 3 points because we didn't - wait for it - takethepoints. Unlike Coach, I'm not risk acceptant enough to ever leave points on the field. This is one of several aspects of his style that still drive me crazy. I also hate 2 point conversion attempts, btw.

Let's hope it doesn't come to something like that this Saturday and that, if it does, we will … takethepoints.
Interesting! I just was making the joke about you suggesting you would take one point victories here on out.

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
I think GT looks better on offense in this one. CPJ sounds like he is going to simplify playbook and just try to execute base plays well. Against team where GT should have physical advantage that should make offense look a lot better. I am worried about defense and think it is going to be something like 42 GT-31 BG with defense giving up more than they should

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
BG has given up an average of 44 points per game so if we don’t score at least 35, I’d be really disappointed. I’m going with 35-21, good guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
52-20. I've never been right about the score.

But I guarantee a win. This is the last game of the year I'll do that for. I'll like the win but won't enjoy beating such a poor team.

We have to win 4 of our next 6 to make a bowl. And 3 are away. At least we are getting a semi bye before @L'Ville on Friday.