Bowling Green Post Game... 😢

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Actually, the most impressive thing about today's game is that it only took four minutes for the team to shut it down thinking they had already won the game. It took us until halftime against Louisville. We are getting much faster at thinking we have won the games before the game is over. That is exponential improvement at crapping your pants.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
If we lose to BG I’ll cut off my left nut.
Has anyone heard from Sean?!?

snl relax GIF by Saturday Night Live

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I am a sidewalk fan..and I'll tell you that I have been a season ticket holder for years. This performance makes it hard for me to go back. It broke me. I'm a veteran and no quitter, but I can't justify spending more time or money on a team that plays with no urgency or passion. It's on the coaches and players. It's not just coaching at fault...rewatch todays game. Players were put in bad positions but there was a LACK of effort from players also. I take pride in pulling for GT, because it is tough to go to school there. I appreciate student athletes that take on that challenge. Something has to change. The culture, coaches, talent is not where it needs to be.

And yet we want quality coordinators and expect to pay buyouts etc.. South Carolina sells out every game they had the longest home sell out streak at one point and we can’t get 25,000 people in the stands then come on here b******* wanting to pick up Nick saban at DC

stech81

Helluva Engineer
King fell down on the 2nd sneak. Go back and watch the replay we may have not gotten a push maybe 5-6 times the whole game.

Steve Sarkisan at Texas 5-7 year one lost 5 of his last 6 games one of those to Kansas. You guys are hilarious
It looked like one of our players push him down but I could be wrong

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
King fell down on the 2nd sneak. Go back and watch the replay we may have not gotten a push maybe 5-6 times the whole game.

Steve Sarkisan at Texas 5-7 year one lost 5 of his last 6 games one of those to Kansas. You guys are hilarious
Their NT got under our center and knocked his legs backwards into King right as King ran into the back of him. Just another example of the sterling play of #72

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess I would think it was wonderfully quirky if we were winning, but I’m getting tired of Key dressing like a bum, prancing around biting his fingernails, never talking to anybody and showing no energy or emotion. He is kind of 180 degrees from Collins, but maybe 90 degrees would be better.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
And yet we want quality coordinators and expect to pay buyouts etc.. South Carolina sells out every game they had the longest home sell out streak at one point and we can’t get 25,000 people in the stands then come on here b******* wanting to pick up Nick saban at DC
No, we'd settle for a half way decent defense. The last 5 years, we've been one of the worst NCAA defenses. And we continue in that downward trajectory. A serviceable P5 defense is all we want.

Its an odd statement for you to make, though. It's as if the defense is acceptable to you? Or are you just playing Devil's Advocate?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I guess I would think it was wonderfully quirky if we were winning, but I’m getting tired of Key dressing like a bum, prancing around biting his fingernails, never talking to anybody and showing no energy or emotion. He is kind of 180 degrees from Collins, but maybe 90 degrees would be better.

He lit Thacker up. Should come to the games

Eli

Helluva Engineer
No, we'd settle for a half way decent defense. The last 5 years, we've been one of the worst NCAA defenses. And we continue in that downward trajectory. A serviceable P5 defense is all we want.

Its an odd statement for you to make, though. It's as if the defense is acceptable to you? Or are you just playing Devil's Advocate?

I’ve stated our defense is poorly coached but 80% of this board doesn’t attend games yet come on here as we are one of the poorest teams in P5 and want to pay Collins 20 million buyout then turn around and fire Key and not attend games 5 games into the season. Which is why we will remain poor

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
What's the difference between the grounding penalty and taking the sack there? Absolutely nothing. That's on the OL, not HK.
Specifically, the center blocked no one on that play despite having a blitzer right over him. He just stepped the left, let him go right by and stood there looking for someone to block.

Now, if I saw correctly, it was a cover 0 blitz. So, some blame could be given to King for not recognizing that and passing to whoever was his hot read.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
So what's the solution, fire key, and begin a 3rd rebuild?
As crappy as today was, from here on out it's about what key doesn't to not let this happen. I know some don't have it, but I want to believe he can fix this (at least more than Collins ever did)

First fix would be to fire thacker and get the defense fixed
CGC just keeps dumping on this program. I cannot believe sometimes how deep the hole is he put this program in. I hate to say it but it will take three years to rebuild from all the damage he did. Unfortunately, he also exhausted the patience of the fan base and even though Key is the right person to turn this around I doubt the fans will give him as much slack as they cut CGC.

CGC really carpet bombed this program.
Should never lose to Bowling Green and especially should never be beat on LOS by Bowling Green. Tired of the excuses- at least beat the teams you should beat.

Gtsidewalkfan1

Georgia Tech Fan
I am definitely not for spending money we don't have on any coordinator or coach. Tech is a hard sell for the college football fan. Only winning will cure attendance woes at BDS. Look at Duke tonight. I can't name a coach or player on that team, looks like a full stadium and a team that is playing hard in a prime time game. I'm pretty sure they aren't paying staff crazy money. If Duke can figure it out...we should be able to.