Bowling Green Post Game... šŸ˜¢

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Iā€™m watching Notre Dame/Duke and nobody has sat the entire game and it just makes me kind of sad we canā€™t have that kind of environment in Bobby Dodd. I donā€™t think weā€™ve had a real big time night game in Bobby Dodd in over a decade. Maybe 2011 Clemson?

GoJackets1

Georgia Tech Fan
Iā€™m watching Notre Dame/Duke and nobody has sat the entire game and it just makes me kind of sad we canā€™t have that kind of environment in Bobby Dodd. I donā€™t think weā€™ve had a real big time night game in Bobby Dodd in over a decade. Maybe 2011 Clemson?
WOW! I remember the 2011 GT/CU game quite well! Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins came in thinking they were going to mop the floor with us. I loved that we whipped their tail! If I remember correctly, I did not sit down for any part of that game.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Iā€™ve stated our defense is poorly coached but 80% of this board doesnā€™t attend games yet come on here as we are one of the poorest teams in P5 and want to pay Collins 20 million buyout then turn around and fire Key and not attend games 5 games into the season. Which is why we will remain poor
I'm not sure I agree with you math. It seems like there's only a few people suggesting Key should be fired - and that's likely just the alcohol and/or depression talking.

We may not like it, but we are one of smaller p5 programs from a funding standpoint. It's also an excuse that alumni point to when trying to justify failures.

I'm at the point where I've seen enough to know that Thacker is not the guy. I believe Key is th guy at HC, but Thacker will prevent Key from being able to succeed. At this point, Thacker's D is what it is. We've seen it, everyone knows what it is, it won't change. It's not good enough and Thack won't elevate the players. It's time to move on.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I am definitely not for spending money we don't have on any coordinator or coach. Tech is a hard sell for the college football fan. Only winning will cure attendance woes at BDS. Look at Duke tonight. I can't name a coach or player on that team, looks like a full stadium and a team that is playing hard in a prime time game. I'm pretty sure they aren't paying staff crazy money. If Duke can figure it out...we should be able to.

Duke currently ranks 5th in the ACC with money put into the football program. Mike Elko makes more than Key

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Man. Being a Tech fan is almost as difficult as being a Falcons fan. I hope the Braves win the Series.

Proud Spongebob Squarepants GIF

go jackets......
Well, the Falcons won convincingly today in ATL.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree. Saddest aspect of where we areā€¦Duke is now better than us in football <sigh>

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
He lit Thacker up. Should come to the games
I was about 50 feet Key. I did see him light up Thacker, but that was the only ā€œliveā€ person I saw him talk to all day. I guess he must talk on the headset and have the coaches up there talk to the coaches on the field and have them talk to the players.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
With Tech's 'marketing' folks, I wouldn't be surprised if next time they want to add some red trim to the black uniforms as a contrast color and think the school will make a lot of money selling the stylish look to fans.
That kind of ridiculous hyperbole is not attractive on you.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
Rebuilding is hard. Collins left a mess. This is why I did not want Key. Itā€™s his first head coaching opportunity. We needed an experienced coach to get things back on track. Many were WAY over optimistic about Key and his coaching skillsets when he got the job.

That being saidā€¦we are about where I thought we would be at this point into his first season. I thought we would be 2-3 right now (had us losing to Wake and beating BG). The hope is he learns from his mistakes quickly! I still say 5 wins this season. The metric to know if Key is our guy will be how we do next year. He needs to get to a bowl.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Rebuilding is hard. Collins left a mess. This is why I did not want Key. Itā€™s his first head coaching opportunity. We needed an experienced coach to get things back on track. Many were WAY over optimistic about Key and his coaching skillsets when he got the job.

That being saidā€¦we are about where I thought we would be at this point into his first season. I thought we would be 2-3 right now (had us losing to Wake and beating BG). The hope is he learns from his mistakes quickly! I still say 5 wins this season. The metric to know if Key is our guy will be how we do next year. He needs to get to a bowl.

Anyone who underestimates how hard it is to instill your type of toughness and mindset into a program needs to watch the Untold Florida documentary. Urban makes it very clear how half the team bought in year one and even in year two he was worried he could lose the team after any loss

GoJackets1

Georgia Tech Fan

I sincerely like your view. Curious...Which three of the remaining seven teams do you honestly think we beat?

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
I sincerely like your view. Curious...Which three of the remaining seven teams do you honestly think we beat?
My preseason prediction was expecting wins against Boston College, Virginia and either Syracuse or Miami (Both Syracuse and Miami appear to be better than I thought). In typical GT fashion we always seem to beat someone we shouldnā€™t and lose to someone we shouldnā€™t.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Great start, good KO return and then TD.
Good second drive. The tires were flattened.

Stewart was like a hot knife against our warm butter defense.

Turnovers killed us.

Some bad luck penalties, ex. the Biggers facemask to allow BG to death March the middle of the 4th quarter.

Couldn't make 3rd and 1 nor 4th and 1, #sad

Maybe we can spin the play to the recruits at the game to tell them that they have a great chance to start immediately.

We let one one of the worst 3rd down conversion teams look dominant.

We went from one of the better 3rd down conversion teams to looking like chicken litter. We were 2/8 on 3rd. (1/3 on 4th)

Our KO return team had LOTS chances and looked good the first time... not so good after that.

Our run game is not good, see note above were we couldn't get a couple of yards in back to back plays.

This was supposed to be a win.

The Black Watch teams have to be embarrassed... I know I am.

I will be there at the next home game and every remaining game.
I admire all long-suffering Tech fans who attend and endure week after week, season after season! Hats off to you!