Bowling Green Post Game... 😢

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
this is key and thacker’s fifth year and the team is making some of the same mistakes. it’s more than fair for people to be asking questions about their jobs and it’s being silly to pretend like it’s so crazy to suggest they get fired
Thacker might be in trouble, Brent Key isn’t!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Mel Tucker can coach some defense.
Mel Tucker needs a job.
You mean the MSU Mel Tucker or another one?? If it's the former rather than the latter you may want to do a recent Google query on him. He is not the coach there anymore bc of a sudden retirement in mid season.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Apples and oranges... Collins wasn’t even allowing contact in practice. Takes sometime to get soft out of the system
You know, there is something to what you are saying. Key has stressed toughness and now I think I know why. It is not just that we lack physical toughness, which we do. We also lack mental toughness. We are fragile in our mindset and get either complacent or start spiraling downward way too easily. I think this is a result of CGC coddling the players too much. We need to be tougher both when things are not going well and when we are rolling, but it is going take some time to turnover the roster of the players who have been permanently damaged.

Last edited:

Eli

Helluva Engineer
i mean we just got manhandled at the point of contact for four straight quarters on both sides of the ball vs a g5 team.

We had over 400 yards of offense with only 14 mins of TOP. I would love to see us not getting manhandled. Defensive line is poorly coached I’ve stated it multiple times. Offensive line has drastically gotten better and it’s not close

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, I thought the catch by the BG WR for a TD in the first half was the best catch I have ever seen by a WR not wearing a gold #21 jersey. That was Sports Center worthy.
Not sure what our DB was doing running past him like he did, but when the receivers head is looking up, it is not to gaze at the stars. He is looking at the ball. Any decently coached DB could have knocked that ball away. Having said that, Wow, what a catch!

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I know we’ve already brought Ted Roof in during PJ’s time here and I think it’s time to bring him home again. He left Penn State to come back home so why not try again? I don’t think he’s broke and he loves Ga Tech so money probably won’t be an issue. With Brent Key as HC and the offense doing pretty dang good I believe we could get the talent back at Ga Tech on defense. I loved PJ but the top defensive players didn’t want to come to Ga Tech because of the triple option, that’s not the case now. There’s enough talent in Georgia for Georgia and Ga Tech to win NC’s, we just gotta give the kids a reason to come to Atlanta. Brent Key and Ted Roof is a very good reason to come to Ga Tech
Ugh. No thank you

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Has Key been our head coach for 5 years? That’s a ridiculous statement lol
Not sure how you think I'm saying Key has been the head coach for 5 years?

Key doesn't have to be the head coach for the program to have floundered like it has - and it HAS floundered for 5 years now. We, the fans, have and will endure it until we've finally had enough. The attendance is suggesting that a lot of folks have already had enough. Something's gotta give...

The team has shown improvements in Keys brief stint as HC. However, the D has continued to look awful for the entirety of Thacker's tenure - with a few random exceptions last year.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
This isn't an isolated loss. This has been happening for what, 5 years now? How many programs have **** the bed for 5 years in a row? The only way you fix this is for heads to roll.
Maybe you’re right but whose head? I’m a 3x grad but haven't lived in southeast since early 80’s nor watched a game since CPJ
We gave Collins over 3 years of slack. That wasn’t right but neither would be firing a coach before he’s had a full season.
i don’t think fans want to fire key yet, but what can be done? BG has better players and/or better coaches ?? How can that be regardless?

JacketFan137

Banned
Please pinpoint how the offensive line has gotten worse? Would love to know.
there were multiple times today that we got zero push on run plays and we looked horrendous on the sneaks. king got knocked off his spot multiple times today and that really shouldn’t be happening against a g5 team.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I wasn't prepared for this, but BG was in the game against Michigan until the 2nd half. This level of inconsistency is just hard to understand. After our D in the WF game, and the tackling problems today, I am at a loss for ideas.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
there were multiple times today that we got zero push on run plays and we looked horrendous on the sneaks. king got knocked off his spot multiple times today and that really shouldn’t be happening against a g5 team.

King fell down on the 2nd sneak. Go back and watch the replay we may have not gotten a push maybe 5-6 times the whole game.

Steve Sarkisan at Texas 5-7 year one lost 5 of his last 6 games one of those to Kansas. You guys are hilarious

Gtsidewalkfan1

Georgia Tech Fan
Exactly.... I don't think we have bandwagon fans because who in there right mind would say hey I'm going to root for GT?
I am a sidewalk fan..and I'll tell you that I have been a season ticket holder for years. This performance makes it hard for me to go back. It broke me. I'm a veteran and no quitter, but I can't justify spending more time or money on a team that plays with no urgency or passion. It's on the coaches and players. It's not just coaching at fault...rewatch todays game. Players were put in bad positions but there was a LACK of effort from players also. I take pride in pulling for GT, because it is tough to go to school there. I appreciate student athletes that take on that challenge. Something has to change. The culture, coaches, talent is not where it needs to be.