Bowl game (what bowl and who do you want)

What Bowl Game Would Y'all Like To See Georgia Tech Play In?

• Pinstripe Bowl

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Military Bowl

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Independence Bowl

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Quick Lane Bowl

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Belk Bowl

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Music City Bowl

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Birmingham Bowl

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2897

Well they finish 2nd this year in the Coastal.

We finished tied for 4th with 1 other team (NC State) out of 14 teams. Certainly much better than the 11th place prediction the media predicted before the season started. We finished 5 points short of Pitt to winning the Coastal and going to the ACC Championship game.

Paul Johnson has been winning 8 or more games at 4x the rate that Georgia Tech was in the last 50 years prior to his arrival. If we win our Bowl Game, we'll hit that mark yet again.

Deleted member 2897

Duke getting trashed, UVA lost to VT, and Pitt could easily lose to Miami and Clemson. No reason this game should affect the decision for our bowl game, we should still get a tier 1.

NC State: Camping World
Syracuse: Belk
GT: Music City
UVA or BC: Sun

GT will more than likely have had the best second half of all the 7-5 teams which helps even with this loss.

We finished tied for 4th in the entire ACC with 1 other team (NC State). Given that there is the CFP, NY6 and 4 Tier 1 Bowl Games, there's no reason that the 4th place ACC Team shouldn't fall inside the top 7 ACC Bowls.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Exactly, to many fans that are happily satisfied with this kind of season as long as crappy bowl is the outcome
Well I am happy for the players they get to go to a bowl, as for being happily satisfied being drunk I'm fine right now, and have no plans to stop drinking. I'll let you know how I am after I'm sober.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Exactly, to many fans that are happily satisfied with this kind of season as long as crappy bowl is the outcome
Gawd. It's all about you, isn't it? What you might think about, just for a change, is the players.

For them, it is:

• Another chance–for some the last one–to play the game they love.

• A chance to win and get some of the bad taste of losing out of their mouths.

• A vindication of their season; in our case, rising literally from the grave you and others like you here dug for them to have a winning season and go to a bowl at the end of it.

• A chance to spend the holidays doing something where they can have some fun and get treated like the celebrities they are to the bowl committees.

• And another chance to develop their skills and convince the coaches that they should get a chance to play next year.

Sooooooo … can the complaints and get with the program. It's a game and this is their reward for playing it.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
So we finish better than 11th so you’re happy. So many fans are content with falling short every year. As long as it’s not a blow out it’s ok to fall short. So many people on here that are ok with 7-8 wins and will ride for Paul Johnson instead of wanting more. And then get their feelings hurt that people don’t agree and want more for the program

Deleted member 2897

So we finish better than 11th so you’re happy. So many fans are content with falling short every year. As long as it’s not a blow out it’s ok to fall short. So many people on here that are ok with 7-8 wins and will ride for Paul Johnson instead of wanting more. And then get their feelings hurt that people don’t agree and want more for the program

You should get an honorary graduate degree in "Putting Words Into Other People's Mouths". No. That's not what any of us are saying.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
As long as the players enjoy the chance to travel and play another game, I will always root for a bowl appearance, even if it’s in Shreveport or Yankee stadium

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

7-5 is basically an average post-Dodd Tech season. No one is satisfied with it, but its going to take more than a coaching change to improve that

Last edited:

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
7-5 is basically an average Tech season since Dodd left. No one is satisfied wuth it, but its going to take more than a coaching change to improve that

I don't understand why people can't understand this. It is so obvious. At some point we are going to need a new coach. Instead of putting all your energy into getting a new coach that will still have to fight all the same problems and who will be lucky to duplicate the same results as Johnson. The odds are even higher that we will do far worse. Probably cycle through a few coaches with much higher salaries and their buyouts. We should be focused as a fan base to improve the basic infrastructure that will help the current and future coaches.

slugboy

Staff member
Belk and Music City both seem like good options and possible, but I think maybe Syracuse goes to Camping World and Duke to Belk and NCST to Music City.

I think we’re looking at Detroit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Belk and Music City both seem like good options and possible, but I think maybe Syracuse goes to Camping World and Duke to Belk and NCST to Music City.

I think we’re looking at Detroit.
No way Duke gets a tier 1 at 3-5 in the ACC coming off a 59-7 loss to Wake. Even the Belk wont want them. We get Military or Independence at worst. Duke or Wake probably get Detroit.

Last edited: