Bottom 25 (a new #1)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If we don't win at Temple , I'll be joining you in that view.
Last week Sagarin had us as a 8 pt neutral field favorite over Temple, this week we're a 5pt dawg
Sagarin this early doesn't mean much, imo.
Temple just beat a Maryland squad that hung 60+ on Syracuse the week before. I'm not holding my breath that Temple is a winnable game.
Shouldn't have assumed it before the season either, imo. We ranked below Temple in overall S&P+ / FEI rating last year. We are playing them away. We lost a lot of production. Not sure about Temple's attrition this offseason, but if they matched us, you'd assume they'd still be favored.

Now add in the fact they we are decimated on the OL this year.

GT_EE78

Banned

Shouldn't have assumed it before the season either, imo. We ranked below Temple in overall S&P+ / FEI rating last year. We are playing them away. We lost a lot of production. Not sure about Temple's attrition this offseason, but if they matched us, you'd assume they'd still be favored.

I'd have to agree about the power ratings being volatile this early. I'm guessing we'll be about a 1 touchdown underdog.
i just hope the bye week is enough to get most of the OL back in action.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Not if we play like last week,,,,, but I'll be optimistic and guess we could get 5 of them best case to finish 6-6
temple,NC,Pitt,VT,NC St

I think we can win at least one of those, if for no other reason except that one of them will play comatose one week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Wow did we pick a QB today?
At my old barbq days we would drink beer so long that everyone was very appreciative with ever i served. The moment he picks one, the same group will erupt.

Cgc at press conference Everyone was a singke qb so we are using statistics to select our qb. The stats say that the highest NFL QB draft picks are tall. We were close to being right as we had LJ at 6'-3". But now we have settled on 6'-4" Liam Bryne. Along with this at BDS we will be showing our fan appreciation by serving FREE BEER.
Drink up Shiners.

Jmonty71

Banned
Temple just beat a Maryland squad that hung 60+ on Syracuse the week before. I'm not holding my breath that Temple is a winnable game.
I can agree with you on this one. I don't see many games that are winnable. An inept offense, along with a poorly coached defense leads to a long season.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I'm a big fan of football Outsiders. However, I don't think they are as good on group 5 teams. I Gp 5 teams get overrated, maybe by not playing enuf power5 to fully integrate the rankings.