Boston College Post Game Thread

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
This team lacks an identity. Key talked about being tough and physical. The team is neither.

Last year he talked about the team playing not to lose instead of playing to win. This team feels to be stuck in the middle.

I don’t see anyone on the defense who will speak up and say I’ll make a play. No one looks mean out there. We need a Charlie Thomas like beast.

Swarm-Phinny

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah BC is dog poop and we are dog piss soooooo here are my thoughts.
-Bad coaching game. Some questionable clock management by Key. Key is not proving that he was the right hire, this roster has plenty of talent to win ball games.
-king turned the ball over, 2 of the ints were his fault.
-We are the bottom feeders in the acc. If realignment comes to the acc this off-season we’re going to the sunbelt.
I have some questions for the fan base.
—Honestly, what do we have to do? It starts at the top with Cabrera, will they take athletics seriously? Where should the donors put their money? Do we even have enough money to compete? How much does the Tech Way have? Do we even have a big enough fan base to pack the Dodd? Everything just trends the wrong direction for Georgia Tech unfortunately.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah BC is dog poop and we are dog piss soooooo here are my thoughts.
-Bad coaching game. Some questionable clock management by Key. Key is not proving that he was the right hire, this roster has plenty of talent to win ball games.
-king turned the ball over, 2 of the ints were his fault.
-We are the bottom feeders in the acc. If realignment comes to the acc this off-season we’re going to the sunbelt.
I have some questions for the fan base.
—Honestly, what do we have to do? It starts at the top with Cabrera, will they take athletics seriously? Where should the donors put their money? Do we even have enough money to compete? How much does the Tech Way have? Do we even have a big enough fan base to pack the Dodd? Everything just trends the wrong direction for Georgia Tech unfortunately.
Fan base is very small & very frugal. Large $$ donors are obviously not extremely bright, as they starved a HOF coach for $$ because they wanted him gone so we could recruit with the factories & play a standard offense. We are getting what we deserve with terrible decision making in my opinion. Batt could have had Fritz, but the donors basically made sure it wouldn’t happen. For some reason, they couldn’t see that Key was most likely to lead us to mediocrity at best. With that said, it’s their money.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
this was the first game I didn't like the way H King played. Seem to want to throw into coverage today. and too many drops or passes that should have been caught.
As for the defense it's hit or miss and seems to be more misses.
We need to find out how to fix our problems that play bad when we play a bad team.
The INTs were a problem, but the drops are solely on the WRs. The receivers didn't help anyone in this game and provided a stark reminder as to why we took so many transfers at WR.

The defense was a huge let down. The open field tackling was still better than it has been, but the DL is non existent. It's impossible for me to understand how the DL can be a non factor AND the LBs can be so non-impactful. If the DL is gobbling up blockers and not penetrating, fine - I can live with that IF they're allowing the LB to make a play. But they're not....

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Fan base is very small & very frugal. Large $$ donors are obviously not extremely bright, as they starved a HOF coach for $$ because they wanted him gone so we could recruit with the factories & play a standard offense. We are getting what we deserve with terrible decision making in my opinion. Batt could have had Fritz, but the donors basically made sure it wouldn’t happen. For some reason, they couldn’t see that Key was most likely to lead us to mediocrity at best. With that said, it’s their money.

That's not all true. Key did enough.last season to win the position, players already mesh well with him, and wouldn't impact recruiting. Fritz is good but would have required a full rebuild once again. I'm just floored that so many wanted to give Collins 3-4 years or even give CPJ extra time (when many could see we were trending down with him)
And I also remember many on here were bitching constantly about wanting a new offense and saying we could do better
Yet won't even give key or jbatt half a season to get things going.

As I said in the other thread
Going from CPJ to Collins especially in the new era of CFB, big transition

Going from the **** that or previous AD and Collins left us with, the buyout, the erosion of the fan base, we all knew this would take time again.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
That's not all true. Key did enough.last season to win the position, players already mesh well with him, and wouldn't impact recruiting. Fritz is good but would have required a full rebuild once again. I'm just floored that so many wanted to give Collins 3-4 years or even give CPJ extra time (when many could see we were trending down with him)
And I also remember many on here were bitching constantly about wanting a new offense and saying we could do better
Yet won't even give key or jbatt half a season to get things going.

As I said in the other thread
Going from CPJ to Collins especially in the new era of CFB, big transition

Going from the **** that or previous AD and Collins left us with, the buyout, the erosion of the fan base, we all knew this would take time again.
Agree. Patience is in order. Just take a look a Nebraska, Tennessee, etc. for what happens cycling through coaches every 2-3 years. We just need patience, however, we’re stacking this on top of 3 wasted years. That’s hard to swallow.

JacketFan137

Banned
Please don’t compare Key to the last coach. Go back and watch some of this games where we had histrorically bad losses with mind numbing coaching decisions. Like when he did a fake punt from the opponents 28 yard line.
you mean like when we blew a 14 point lead at home vs a mac team that turned into us getting blown out in the second half even though we were 22 point favorites?? oh wait that was not under collins, that was under the current clown show regime.

look collins sucks but right now key hasn’t done a whole lot to make anyone paying attention feel better. we have turned to corner from a 3 win team to looking like maybe we win 4 this year? are we supposed to be excited about that?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Y’all are overreacting. This BC team was not terrible. They lost by 2 to the #3 team in the country. They got a few more bounces than we did today, just like we had things fell our way 2 weeks ago. Key is the answer. Our team is night and day better than where we were 2 years ago. And we should continue to grow.
Being 3-4 with UGA, UNC, and Clemson looking like sure loses is not "overreacting" given the heightened expectations, however undeserved they may have been. It is entirely possible that we could go into a tailspin and lose all five of the remaining games. Not likely, but possible. I know UVA is pretty bad but I don't know that much about Syracuse. Those are the only two games left I think we win.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
This team lacks an identity. Key talked about being tough and physical. The team is neither.

Last year he talked about the team playing not to lose instead of playing to win. This team feels to be stuck in the middle.

I don’t see anyone on the defense who will speak up and say I’ll make a play. No one looks mean out there. We need a Charlie Thomas like beast.
I’m not sure we’ve escaped the team playing not to lose. And I mean that as the whole program. Just look at the difference in playcalling whenever we get up multiple scores. BG was a prime example of coming out of the gate full blast, get up by 21, then play to not lose the game. There’s no killer instinct on the team and they don’t know how to win. It’s all a learning experience and we are witnessing the excruciating process. Unfortunately, we need to win the games we are supposed to, and be competitive in the ones we are supposed to lose. Right now, we’ve only figured out half the equation. I’d say we are behind schedule of where we should be right now and we are starting to see it affect recruiting in a bad way.

Today was our chance, today was the opportunity to get above .500 in a very long time, to show the world the process was right on target. However, in true GT fashion, we blew the chance and look to be stuck. I’d rather we play like we have nothing to lose for the rest of the season. Call all the shot plays, blitz like crazy, full throttle for an entire 60 minutes. I’d rather us lose throwing the entire playbook at the game than lose trying to play conservative to not lose the game. But at this point IIWII. Maybe the off-season will be nice to us

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I feel like that was more players than coaches this time. Playcalling was there, we just couldn’t execute.
This sums it up.

Was at the entire game. Just now looking at GT swarm, figure that a good number of the 130+ comments above aren't going to be nice.

Some poor blocking, passing, missed defensive assignments, limited to no pressure on the QB, and the usual litany of issues.

Last edited: