Boston College Post Game Thread

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought it was at first but replayed it slo mo and I think he caught it an inch above the grass. It was an amazing catch, IMO. Was surprised there wasn't an official replay, though.
I did not see the replay, but the play happened right in front of the GT sideline. I did not see anyone from GT raising hell or really even complaining about the call. If it did bounce, the whole sidelines has got to raise holeo hell.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at the game and the problem it seems to me is that both lines of scrimmage get dominated every week. The BC QB sat back there with no one in his face and King was on the run. Same with the running games. We cannot push the opponent’s defense off of the ball and get four yards. No sacks and only two plays for BC went for negative yards.

JoJaTeck

Georgia Tech Fan
I thought it was at first but replayed it slo mo and I think he caught it an inch above the grass. It was an amazing catch, IMO. Was surprised there wasn't an official replay, though.
I don't believe it was a catch and would have been overturned if reviewed

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
In his defense, he is what he is, a gunslinger and he feels pressured to make throws because he knows that the defense will not hold any kind of a lead in the fourth quarter. His decision making today was pretty poor but I can sort of understand it with the kind of team we have. But three turnovers is too many. UGA, Clemson, and FSU have the talent to overcome three turnovers but we don't.
I think since the middle off the BG game he’s been forcing throws a lot more than the first three weeks because of a lack of confidence in the rest of the team.

It’s a problem now because without those ints and missed throws the defense did enough the past two weeks. (They didn’t do GOOD per se, but this was a winnable game without the pick six and fourth quarter offensive failures.)

stingerman

Georgia Tech Fan
Y’all are overreacting. This BC team was not terrible. They lost by 2 to the #3 team in the country. They got a few more bounces than we did today, just like we had things fell our way 2 weeks ago. Key is the answer. Our team is night and day better than where we were 2 years ago. And we should continue to grow.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
m
I was at the game and I thought decent attendance and fans were in the game until the disastrous 4th quarter. I think fans were overall there today. But moving forward we will see.
Agree. Today’s crowd was bigger than last game and it had the feel that with a win today the crowds may be good for the rest of the year. But after the loss today, we will probably go back to mostly empty seats. Which of course makes it really hard for the coaches to recruit.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
i don’t have to dump on the team they’ve been dumping on themselves. they know what they’ve done my man and they know they’ve been terrible. it’s time fans hold this team accountable and it’s clear they’ve put out a **** product at home for years.

i’ll keep going to games and buying my ale of an engineers but i’m not gonna blindly pretend key can coach. guy has brought the same shame to the program that collins brought he just looks better in press conferences so we pretend it’s progress.
Please don’t compare Key to the last coach. Go back and watch some of this games where we had histrorically bad losses with mind numbing coaching decisions. Like when he did a fake punt from the opponents 28 yard line.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing which occurs to me is despite their records and reputations, we could have beaten every team we played or lost to all of them. Each game depended on how well we played that day -- and how well the other team played.

As others have said, we really, really need to recruit or get through transfer some quick, athletic rush ends. We make every QB look great since they have all day to find someone open.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Premise 1: Good teams win the games they are supposed to win.
Premise 2: Tech has lost two games it should have won.
Conclusion: Tech is not a good team.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
We should never be out talented by a team above Kentucky and west of Texas. Dang it, we’re sitting in one of the top recruiting areas in the country. And until we can pound it down people’s throats and keep the defense off the field, the yo-yo will continue.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
By the end of the year, we’ll be playing in an empty stadium. Fan base just doesn’t care anymore.
Everyone associated with the last coaching staff needs to go. Oh wait, Key was on that staff 🤬
We are at the point of being lucky that 3 Star kids are even halfway interested in playing here.
It used to be “great to be a Yellow Jacket“ it was “great to be a fuzzy bee”.
Lord Jesus help us!
I had a home fan tell me to stop making noise when BC was going for it on 4th and short…

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
We should never be out talented by a team above Kentucky and west of Texas. Dang it, we’re sitting in one of the top recruiting areas in the country. And until we can pound it down people’s throats and keep the defense off the field, the yo-yo will continue.
I’m hoping Tim McFarlin can do some good in the recruiting of ATL and the state.

Swarm-Phinny

Georgia Tech Fan
Y’all are overreacting. This BC team was not terrible. They lost by 2 to the #3 team in the country. They got a few more bounces than we did today, just like we had things fell our way 2 weeks ago. Key is the answer. Our team is night and day better than where we were 2 years ago. And we should continue to grow.
Same record as Collins as of right now.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Night and day better than 2 years ago doesn't mean we aren't garbage.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
They had to score with 30 seconds left to beat ARMY. They are not good