Boston College Post Game Thread

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I left the stadium with 6 minutes or so to go. I promised myself I will never attend or watch a GT game when they are at home playing as favorites. This issue predates Key by a long shot for sure but, for whatever reason, we cannot win in BDS. What was especially sad was that Bc was a one dimensional team. By that I mean their QB.
I think we are in a true catch 22 situation. The stadium is not the most energetic and the away team seems to feed off of that these days. But how do you get buts in the seats without winning? How do attract portal talent? We got a few on O this year and I don't know how we got Singleton (as a frosh) but I'd bet right now he's gone if we finish out the year looking like this. And I don't see how you attract much upgrade from what we have if we can't sustain any sort of winning.

Rhetorical...I was thinking, how many times this year have we scored on back to back TD drives? Or on at least 2 out of the three drives? Did we do it against Louisville? After the 1st half of Louisville I think all thought our O was going to be something. Instead that something is a dud. And after 7 games.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
our players didn’t execute today, and our linebackers are horrible- I’m not sure why so many of yall are blaming the coaches. It seemed like the refs were horrible also, there was a BC 3rd down pass that hit the ground that they didn't even review and a couple of obvious pass int’s on BC that they ignored

Eli

Helluva Engineer
How can we have more time to rebuild whwn the time is now? We are stuck in a vicious cycle imo. We don't have star players so we don't get wins. No wins=bad look for recruits=decommitments and the cycle continues of no star players.

The program is in horrible shape and imo I don't know a way out at this point. No wins. No fans at the games. No excitement around the program. No money to compete.

Just bad.

And key sucks at using timeouts. My god.

Why use a timeout at the two yard line on 1st down ? What are the odds we stop them 4 straight plays from there? Key might be just a .500 coach as his record indicates

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
By the end of the year, we’ll be playing in an empty stadium. Fan base just doesn’t care anymore.
Everyone associated with the last coaching staff needs to go. Oh wait, Key was on that staff 🤬
We are at the point of being lucky that 3 Star kids are even halfway interested in playing here.
It used to be “great to be a Yellow Jacket“ it was “great to be a fuzzy bee”.
Lord Jesus help us!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Haynes King had more rushing yards than Castellanos, who had more passing yards and a better completion percentage than King. That’s topsy-turvy.

BC had 563 yards of offense and a 2 turnover advantage.

It’s hard to win when you give up 38 points. It’s also hard to win when you’re only scoring 23 with a pass-oriented offense.

There are problems to fix. We haven’t turned the corner yet.
this was the first game I didn't like the way H King played. Seem to want to throw into coverage today. and too many drops or passes that should have been caught.
As for the defense it's hit or miss and seems to be more misses.
We need to find out how to fix our problems that play bad when we play a bad team.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I think we are in a true catch 22 situation. The stadium is not the most energetic and the away team seems to feed off of that these days. But how do you get buts in the seats without winning? How do attract portal talent? We got a few on O this year and I don't know how we got Singleton (as a frosh) but I'd bet right now he's gone if we finish out the year looking like this. And I don't see how you attract much upgrade from what we have if we can't sustain any sort of winning.

Rhetorical...I was thinking, how many times this year have we scored on back to back TD drives? Or on at least 2 out of the three drives? Did we do it against Louisville? After the 1st half of Louisville I think all thought our O was going to be something. Instead that something is a dud. And after 7 games.
This is something that has always been an issue at tech. There are other schools even on down years that have fans that show up and support the program in large numbers. We don't have that luxury at tech anymore.
Unfortunately I know it sucks for us, but we gotta support the team and if that means showing out to games even when we're down as a means to help the program, then we gotta do that.
It's good moral for the players and recruits

JacketFan137

Banned
our players didn’t execute today, and our linebackers are horrible- I’m not sure why so many of yall are blaming the coaches. It seemed like the refs were horrible also, there was a BC 3rd down pass that hit the ground that they didn't even review and a couple of obvious pass int’s on BC that they ignored
the coaches that recruited these players and is calling the plays bare most of the responsibility for the poor play.

the players can do a better job but when we’ve seen the same mistakes in key’s and thackers 5th year in the program it’s pretty easy to put the blame on the guys leading the team

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s not the DL. The line backer play is worst I’ve seen probably ever at Tech. Not to mention we cannot blitz effectively.
Had good linebackers last year still same result. The coaches are responsible for recruiting talent and recognizing weaknesses to help put the team in a position to be successful.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
m
This is something that has always been an issue at tech. There are other schools even on down years that have fans that show up and support the program in large numbers. We don't have that luxury at tech anymore.
Unfortunately I know it sucks for us, but we gotta support the team and if that means showing out to games even when we're down as a means to help the program, then we gotta do that.
It's good moral for the players and recruits
I was at the game and I thought decent attendance and fans were in the game until the disastrous 4th quarter. I think fans were overall there today. But moving forward we will see.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
m
I was at the game and I thought decent attendance and fans were in the game until the disastrous 4th quarter. I think fans were overall there today. But moving forward we will see.
Yeah it was a good crowd and pretty into it, loud on 3rd downs etc until the collapse in the 4th

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I am somewhat surprised not many in this group are suggesting a QB change, That's where I am. Also, our running game does a lot better when there is some hesitation / delay which gives the RB an opportunity to see where the defensive flow is going. Number 0 does not have great vision. Number 4 needs to be the number two RB.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I am somewhat surprised not many in this group are suggesting a QB change, That's where I am. Also, our running game does a lot better when there is some hesitation / delay which gives the RB an opportunity to see where the defensive flow is going. Number 0 does not have great vision. Number 4 needs to be the number two RB.
Zach should get some playing time. #4 should be the #1 RB from where I sit.

slugboy

Staff member
this was the first game I didn't like the way H King played. Seem to want to throw into coverage today. and too many drops or passes that should have been caught.
As for the defense it's hit or miss and seems to be more misses.
We need to find out how to fix our problems that play bad when we play a bad team.
He’s getting trashed in another thread. He’s going to have a bad game or two. He has a lot to learn, but I think he’s trying to learn. He has a good QB coach.

He may have a good OC. I like our WR coach. 7 games in, the offense should be coming together, but it hasn’t yet.

It’s time to find out who’s in and who’s not (well, the best time to find that out was in the spring; the second best time is today)

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer

Crowd actually was solid and players seemed to feed off their energy at times.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
It is all due to coaching. I refuse to believe Duke suddenly has a far superior talent base to us. However, they brought in the right set of coaches who have coached them into one of the best defenses in the country. Mostly Elko, I think.
Defensively we are just terrible.
Well we fired our DC 5 games in, so I would say our coaching was lacking.

What I think people are pointing to is that even when we are in position, we miss plays. Think of a guy like Daryl Smith, if you were one on one in the hole with him, he is probably making you eat turf unless you make a hell of a play. Think of how many times you saw Derrick Morgan get blown off the line and out of the play.
How many missed tackles and guys get caught up in the wash on the inside this year? Sometimes it’s coaches not putting him in place but sometimes he makes a false step or just isn’t strong/fast enough to get there and make the tackle, or strong enough to disengage the block and bring down the ball carrier.
If you watch enough college football then you will see this isn’t just a GT problem, and Duke is very much an outlier.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I don't see one, so I'll start it.

We lost a game we should have won. I don't remember the last time we won two in a row, but we need to find a way to create winners out of the current players we have.

View attachment 14949
We were ahead at the end of the third quarter and then it was all BC as the defense collapsed and King threw a pretty bad interception. Defense gave up over 550 yards total offense which is going to get you beat most days especially when combined with 3 turnovers. Who would have thought that Haynes King would have more yards rushing than Castellanos? Seemed every time Haynes took off on a run it was wide open. Watching the replay and live I was struck by just how bad our front 7 are on defense. Defensive line is terrible and the linebackers are worse. Our team lacks talent and simply cannot afford turnovers or penalties. We lack talent and the coaching is mediocre at best but it does not look to be getting any better any time soon. On the bright side, for three quarters it was an entertaining game for both teams' fans until the fourth quarter collapse. I think the players played hard, gave a good effort, but we are just not near good enough on either of the two lines to win very many power five games. IIWII

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought the defense did well enough to make up for a bad day for the offense for ALMOST long enough. And then the defense broke down and the offense went from rough to disastrous.

Overcoming adversity in a game like for all four quarters is a mindset and skill that the team hasn’t developed yet.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Well we fired our DC 5 games in, so I would say our coaching was lacking.

What I think people are pointing to is that even when we are in position, we miss plays. Think of a guy like Daryl Smith, if you were one on one in the hole with him, he is probably making you eat turf unless you make a hell of a play. Think of how many times you saw Derrick Morgan get blown off the line and out of the play.
How many missed tackles and guys get caught up in the wash on the inside this year? Sometimes it’s coaches not putting him in place but sometimes he makes a false step or just isn’t strong/fast enough to get there and make the tackle, or strong enough to disengage the block and bring down the ball carrier.
If you watch enough college football then you will see this isn’t just a GT problem, and Duke is very much an outlier.
When guys like K Michael Hall, Phillip Wheeler, Darryl Smith and later Jemea Thomas hit people they went backwards just about all the time. Now we hit people and its like we are throwing tennis balls at them. They bounce off and keep going. BC rushed for 308 yards and passed for 255 and the majority of the time Castellanos was not pressured even a little bit.