Boston College Post Game Thread

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I left the stadium with 6 minutes or so to go. I promised myself I will never attend or watch a GT game when they are at home playing as favorites. This issue predates Key by a long shot for sure but, for whatever reason, we cannot win in BDS. What was especially sad was that Bc was a one dimensional team. By that I mean their QB.

JacketFan137

Banned
You are certainly welcome to your opinion. Graduated in 1988 with my wife and have been season ticket holders for 34 years. Been through the good, bad, and ugly. Frustrating, yeah. But I choose not to dump on our team. You do you.
i don’t have to dump on the team they’ve been dumping on themselves. they know what they’ve done my man and they know they’ve been terrible. it’s time fans hold this team accountable and it’s clear they’ve put out a **** product at home for years.

i’ll keep going to games and buying my ale of an engineers but i’m not gonna blindly pretend key can coach. guy has brought the same shame to the program that collins brought he just looks better in press conferences so we pretend it’s progress.

gtg021x

Georgia Tech Fan
extremely. nothing about this team is prepared on either side of the ball
I don't know if that's completely fair. They came out a little sluggish but it also wasn't as bad as some other games. Defense wasn't terrible j the first. Missing Singleton was huge because BC just didn't have to respect the deep ball. We got 'ACC reffed' a couple times in the first half where it could have made a difference.

I'm starting to wonder if it's a conditioning problem. This team just seams to lose a step in almost every game they play. This is especially true on defense where when you're tired, you take bad angles, don't tackle/wrap up with form, or grab high resulting in facemask penalties. Conditioning isn't something we can turn around at this point in the season so....let's get Singleton back and out score 'em.

JacketFan137

Banned
I don't know if that's completely fair. They came out a little sluggish but it also wasn't as bad as some other games. Defense wasn't terrible j the first. Missing Singleton was huge because BC just didn't have to respect the deep ball. We got 'ACC reffed' a couple times in the first half where it could have made a difference.

I'm starting to wonder if it's a conditioning problem. This team just seams to lose a step in almost every game they play. This is especially true on defense where when you're tired, you take bad angles, don't tackle/wrap up with form, or grab high resulting in facemask penalties. Conditioning isn't something we can turn around at this point in the season so....let's get Singleton back and out score 'em.
idk. we made a lot of mistakes on both sides of the ball. had absolutely terrible use of timeouts and did not make any adjustments to their game plan. it’s pretty hard for me to look at this game and consider this tech unit a prepared team. key has worn out the growing pains excuses. bowling green and boston college at home are bad losses. it’s time to start questioning key and what he has us doing cause right now it’s not the way forward

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck

When you have a fast pace offense that is very inconsistent,the defense can be on the field way too long. That seems to be the mo of this team. It also could be player rotation. But I also think we are way outschemed with halftime adjustments which is all coaching

slugboy

Staff member
Haynes King had more rushing yards than Castellanos, who had more passing yards and a better completion percentage than King. That’s topsy-turvy.

BC had 563 yards of offense and a 2 turnover advantage.

It’s hard to win when you give up 38 points. It’s also hard to win when you’re only scoring 23 with a pass-oriented offense.

There are problems to fix. We haven’t turned the corner yet.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
BC had to score in the last 30 seconds to beat Army last week. This is a horrible loss at home.
With this loss we could easily be 1-6 at home. The only home game with a realistic chance to win is Cuse. I know we have dominated UNC but they are on a roll and will have revenge on their mind. I fear next week could be brutal.

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
That's my best suggestion. You're on your own.
I appreciate the positive response and mine was unintentionally rude to you looking at it so I do apologize. Unfortunately it’s , as far as sports go 1. Tech Football 2. Atlanta Falcons Football. 3. See 1 & 2. No worries I have a big Corvette restoration project I’m working on to get into the Wramblin Wreck parade in the next few years so there’s that. Maybe we’ll be better next year.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
How can we have more time to rebuild whwn the time is now? We are stuck in a vicious cycle imo. We don't have star players so we don't get wins. No wins=bad look for recruits=decommitments and the cycle continues of no star players.

The program is in horrible shape and imo I don't know a way out at this point. No wins. No fans at the games. No excitement around the program. No money to compete.

Just bad.

And key sucks at using timeouts. My god.