Boston College - 2/27

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I've watched more Boston College basketball this year than I care to... 2 games.

ETSU > Boston College, and I don't believe it's close. BC is awful. No excuse to lose Saturday.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
My take, fwiw:

As bad as we've played this year, RPI says we should've beat FSU and CU. ND was a good win, but we almost gave it away. CU was closer than it should've been.

Of course, we should beat BC.

In other words, I'm not sure that our W streak should translate to optimism about LOLvl or Pit

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
My take, fwiw:

As bad as we've played this year, RPI says we should've beat FSU and CU. ND was a good win, but we almost gave it away. CU was closer than it should've been.

Of course, we should beat BC.

In other words, I'm not sure that our W streak should translate to optimism about LOLvl or Pit
RPI probably also said we should've beaten VT and ETSU, that's why they play the games.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
smh? You're more or less giving up on the Pitt and Lou games because some stat you read on ESPN told you to.

Look at the time you posted that about "why we play the games" and look at the time I made the post in the Winning Streak thread where I said that I think we beat Pitt at home.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I would just hope the guys are playing with a nothing to lose attitude every game. They should probably know we have to win out to have any chance of doing anything in the post season. I would imagine the guys are excited about the current win streak and how much better it feels than losing to be overlooking any game.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Look at the time you posted that about "why we play the games" and look at the time I made the post in the Winning Streak thread where I said that I think we beat Pitt at home.
Sorry I misunderstood. I jumped to a conclusion prematurely - there are some on other sites who are consistently pessimistic, citing KenPom and RPI rankings among others as reasons why we won't succeed down the road. I grouped you into that category unfairly, my bad.

mistaben

Georgia Tech Fan
th
th
th
th
101250169333.jpg

Wreck 1 (#18) - you're right. us ole guys remember: Ciraldo, Gorgeous George, Freddie Blassie, Ray and (especially) Ann Gunkel.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
time to get serious about this team and game. BC have won 4 of the last 6 against GT which includes a 1-pt win and 2 2-pt wins. It also includes the wipeout in the ACC Tourney a couple of years ago. Hanlon treated us like a punching bag for 3 yrs, so glad we won't see him.

Hopefully we take this game very seriously and play well with great effort.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
GT is favored by 10.

Worst teams we play this year, per RPI:
  • 137 - Green Bay... GT won by 30
  • 139 - Duquesne... GT won by 6
  • 227 - Colgate... GT won by 16
  • 231 - Boston College
  • 234 - Cornell... GT won by 35
  • 338 - Southeastern Louisiana... GT won by 13
If you're worried about tomorrow's game, then you may as well mail in any hopes of making a run afterward.

We should win handily.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sorry, we should beat them easily, but they also should have beaten UNC. Conference games are different, no matter what the RPI says.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, we should beat them easily, but they also should have beaten UNC. Conference games are different, no matter what the RPI says.
They've lost every conference game by 10+ points except for one - UNC.

7 of 15 have been 20+ point differentials.

BC's ineptness during the entire year seems about the same to me.