Date: Feb. 27, 2016
Time: 12:00 p.m. ET
dot.gif

Coverage

TV: RSN
Radio: 680 AM/93.7 FM/Sirius 106/XM 193

gtbync

Jolly Good Fellow
BC played UNC close so we can't take them lightly, they actually should have won that game. If the guys play like they have played the last couple of games we should easily take care of business.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
BC played UNC close so we can't take them lightly, they actually should have won that game. If the guys play like they have played the last couple of games we should easily take care of business.

If we play like the first half yesterday, we will not easily take care of business. If we play like the second half yesterday we will win by 25

BC is winless but they are MUCH better at home than on the road and will be playing for pride. If we take them lightly and start looking ahead to Louisville, this game could be interesting

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
If we play like the first half yesterday, we will not easily take care of business. If we play like the second half yesterday we will win by 25

BC is winless but they are MUCH better at home than on the road and will be playing for pride...

Boston College is a bad team, flat out, regardless of what conference they play in. No excuse for not beating them handily. Further, I'll say if don't win this game by at least 8+ then we can forget about beating Louisville & Pitt.

Gotta disagree with the "if we play like we did in the 1st half..." comment. Clemson built their bogus lead from some double good fortune with Blossomgame heating up while seemingly all outside shots were going in. Not because Tech was "playing bad". At one point Clemson had hit 60% from 3!! Our guys weathered the storm and once that freak-show subsided they fought their way back to the win.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Boston College is a bad team, flat out, regardless of what conference they play in. No excuse for not beating them handily. Further, if don't win this game by 8+ then we can forget about beating Louisville & Pitt.

Gotta disagree with the "if we play like we did in the 1st half..." comment. Clemson built their bogus lead from some double good fortune with Blossomgame heating up while seemingly all outside shots were going in. Not because Tech was "playing bad". At one point Clemson had hit 60% from 3!! Our guys weathered the storm and once that freak-show subsided they fought their way back to the win.

Eh, they definitely hit some contested shots, but the defense was far from stellar

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Eh, they definitely hit some contested shots, but the defense was far from stellar
I agree with this. Yes, Clemson was making everything they threw up, but that was partly because they shot loosely guarded threes, and had a number of uncontested dunks. Our guys did not show much energy in the first half (although our first several shots fell as well). As they felt the game going their way, Clemson played with even MORE intensity.

In the second half we hustled more and played much tougher defense. Ben was awesome blocking and altering Clemson shots. With some stops, our energy started picking up, the crowd got into it big time, and the momentum was all Tech.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought Blossomgame "cooled off"....Once MGH started guarding him.

He got shut down in the second half. Although I thought he was about to break our heart at the very end.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Blossomgame has been very good all season. Though CBG's decision to move MGH on him in the second half was a smart adjustment. MGH is by far our best defender.
This team is by far the weakest defensive team CBG has had here, but that has been outweighed by an offense that is significantly better. Our 110.7 AdJ o (53rd nationally) is so much better than anything we've seen.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Blossomgame has been very good all season. Though CBG's decision to move MGH on him in the second half was a smart adjustment. MGH is by far our best defender.
This team is by far the weakest defensive team CBG has had here, but that has been outweighed by an offense that is significantly better. Our 110.7 AdJ o (53rd nationally) is so much better than anything we've seen.

I appreciate your insights. Do you think our weakness in D this year is from the team as much as it is from CBG's emphasis on cornholing doesn't work with no 5 sec clock?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Here's the question, do you play MGH a lot against BC or let him heal up? He smacks the floor hard on all of these fouls and we need most if not all of the game from him at UL. I think the time on the court helps him get into rhythm and allows him to dictate the flow of the game, but if we don't need him a bunch why not let him get some rest?

I'm honestly more concerned about the ACC tourney at this point because I think playing him 35-40 mins consecutive days is going to hurt us. Every win makes the ACC tourney more important. I'm not sure what to do with this optimism this close to March...

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Saw where Q was quoted as saying that their most important game is their next game. If they can keep that mentality, we should be able to get through BC.

I'll be heartbroken if we lose on Saturday. I'd at least like to see how we perform coming off four straight W's with a ton of confidence and momentum in what would likely be the biggest game of the BG era (@ Louisville).