Boston College - 2/27

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We turned ball over 17times!!!

Assist to Turnover ratio was 0.76, not pretty.

We did have 7, yes 7, blocked shots and 9 steals on the D side... Granted we played a team a lot like we've been in the recent past.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Just enough blood in my alcohol stream to keep me from freaking out in BWW today during another second half collapse. But Marcus making smart plays (block w/o fouling, getting to the line up 6 after our offense stalled) won this game

Ben Lammers is the man.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That was about as poor as we have played in 3-4 weeks, fortunately we played BC today otherwise we lose.
17 TO (with only 13 Assists) against BC is god awful.

We also had to deal with good shooting 10-18 Eli Carter (who shows up about every 3 or 4 games ) instead of bad shooting 1-17 Eli Carter. They he is one of the most careless guards with the ball i've ever seen. It takes a special skill to have 9 assists and still have less than a 1 A:TO ratio (10 TO's).

Marcus scoring 23 pts on 7 shots is beyond impressive. We still can't guard any good guards with a pulse as MGH is basically the only perimeter player we have who guards well away from the basket.

I was pretty nervous at halftime as we were shooting almost 75% and not playing good defense. You knew 75% shooting wasn't lasting for 40 min. Great FT shooting though.

Little worried about what L'ville is going to do to us next us they have some good guards.

Still congrats the team. Most wins in 6 years. Let's see if we can find a way to get a couple more.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One other note. MGH was player of the week last week and should at least be in consideration this week.
Here are his stats in 2 games this week
15-17 FG, 2-3 3FG, 16-19 FT - 48 pts
10 rbs, 7 assts, 8 TO, 4 steals, 1 block

Other than the TO's, hard to be much more efficient than that.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
One other note. MGH was player of the week last week and should at least be in consideration this week.
Here are his stats in 2 games this week
15-17 FG, 2-3 3FG, 16-19 FT - 48 pts
10 rbs, 7 assts, 8 TO, 4 steals, 1 block

Other than the TO's, hard to be much more efficient than that.

The TO's need to be in context of him being our primary ball-handler (by a wide margin).

/

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
UL collapsed at the end today, so I can imagine they will be zoned in against us. I hope this level of play was a one game thing for us.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I really thought for a few minutes in the second half we was going to gift BC its first win. That would've been pretty sad. Glad we pulled it out. We could beat the next two teams but would be pleased with a split. Let's win a couple in the conference tourney!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The game against Louisville will be the true measuring stick for how much improvement this group has made this season.

I'm rooting for them but am not optimistic, to be honest. Our 2nd half offense yesterday reminded me a whole lot of that we have bene like 'most' of the time offensively the last few years.