Bobo to go?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
If I Were Bobo, I would leave just to get away from his "fans " posting on here :whistle:
Can you imagine what the bandwagon drivers are saying ? :wacky:

Henrymcg

Georgia Tech Fan
@Mansell247: RT @FootballScoop: The question I've asked a number of coaches today was if Bobo goes does he bring Will Friend as OC. Strong possibility...

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Bobo is a go. Repeat, bobo is a go.

Go Bobo Go! One of my children's favorite books was "Go Dog Go", which seems an appropriate title, and by the way, is on UGA's required reading list!!! The fact that "Eastman" is the author is a bonus.
upload_2014-12-22_16-33-47.jpeg

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Scott Frost turned down the CSU job and Pat Narduzzi appears to be the leading candidate for the Pitt job. Looks like this is pretty much a done deal.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Man, this year has been awesome. The mutthurt surrounding this is fantastic:

gatorhata9 on SECRANT said:
I seriously hate the portion of our fanbase that wants Bobo gone. There are people on Facebook rejoicing at this thought.

UGAalum08 on SECRANT said:
I think there are more who want him gone than those who want him to stay. Holy $@#& it makes our fanbase look retarded.

Peter Buck on SECRANT said:
UGA Announces New OC:
Greg Mcarity announced today that he found his man to replace Mike Bobo.

Butch Borbo comes to UGA from South Central Gwinnett Baptist High School where he is in his second year as the Bishop Slayers' Offensive Coordinator and Bible Sciences teacher. Borbo's offenses lit up the 1A 8 man Baptist and Non Catholic High Schools of Atlanta league this past season. His offenses have been called the 8 man pro version of Mike Bobo's offense.

Borbo stated " First, I am grateful to have a full time job now. Also, I am really excited to see how my offenses will look putting offensive tackles and tight ends into the mix." When asked what his biggest challenge will be he stated " not having an indoor practice facility. Even we could afford one at SGBHS". UGA's Mcarity stated " when looking to replace Bobo, we needed to find a guy who met 3 very important requirements. 1, He had to have a name that sounded like Bobo, 2, he had to work cheap, 3, he had to have a goatee. Butch has all those qualities. "

When asked about the challenges of recruiting at Colorada State... Mike Bobo said " weed is legal and the CSU Athletic Department is not so fricking stupid that they actually really test players. This is going to be the easiest job ever."

Last edited:

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
UGA runs Richt's offense, so the OC is limited in creativity; he must run Richt's offense. And Richt's offense is the Bobby Bowdon offense w/o the gutsy calls Bowdon would make on a regular basis. What was it called? Fumblerooski or something like that?

Bottom line, good move for Bobo if he can put the deal together.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
This could have a huge impact on their ability to recruit, especially south Georgia. Say what you will about his coaching but the guy could recruit his *** off. I'm glad to see him go for recruiting purposes alone