I loved everything about this interview. It reminds me of the Arthur Blank interview when he questioned the toughness of the OL and DL. Next week, he signs Mike Tice and Bryan Cox. I like when "leaders" express their expectations to public. It provides some accountability as we embark on our future direction.
1. He keeps making reference to a 4-hr meeting. This seems like a response to private complaints or perceptions (probably from the big $$$) of him not taking a proactive approach with football and CPJ. Not a good sign for CPJ. Not because of the meeting, that is normal, but because Bob feels the need to publicize it multiple times (680 and this interview).
2. 6-7 wins is not acceptable. Nothing else to say here. When you make those statements, you give the media chum in the event we only win 7 games next year. More pressure to win on CPJ.
3. Bball views. Acknowledges the injuries but states the expectation for postseason play. The vagueness means that NIT is ok.
4. Good job by Gaudin. Tough questions out of the gate. Obviously, there was prep, but I love how they dived right in to the deep end of the pool.
5. Interesting 12 months on the Flats. Time for the new guy to put his imprint on the program.