Bobby Dodd Policies for 2020

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I might have you something! I had my 1 year anniversary in st. Simon's Island.
Awesome!

Just found out my buddies are going to this game as well. I don’t care where the ticket is. Just get me in the door. I’ll shoot you a pm.
Thanks!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Happy to have beer, but another massive concession fail by Tech. They closed two of the three concession stands in the upper east due to the reduced attendance, but didn’t consider that selling beer was actually going to drastically increase concession demand. In short, it was a damn mess. Perpetually longer lines than any other year. I gave this feedback in my survey, but given past surveys I don’t expect anything to change.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Happy to have beer, but another massive concession fail by Tech. They closed two of the three concession stands in the upper east due to the reduced attendance, but didn’t consider that selling beer was actually going to drastically increase concession demand. In short, it was a damn mess. Perpetually longer lines than any other year. I gave this feedback in my survey, but given past surveys I don’t expect anything to change.
I agree the lines were awful. I am not sure how it relates back to beer sales, but I will say there is something else making the process slow this year. Something like: less people working due to covid limitations, untrained users on the POS system, or the POS system not working.

Lots of things combined making a whole mess.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I know the other Engineering disciplines are freaking brilliant but PLEASE hire an IE to make your brilliant designs actually work and be useful. You’d think at GT this would be a no brainer.

Peddling beer should easy. I think you could dive into a swimming pool full of beer and still not have enough. GT managed to make it hard.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I know the other Engineering disciplines are freaking brilliant but PLEASE hire an IE to make your brilliant designs actually work and be useful. You’d think at GT this would be a no brainer.

Peddling beer should easy. I think you could dive into a swimming pool full of beer and still not have enough. GT managed to make it hard.
Have you ever really seen us (GT) not overly complicate, or outright drop the ball on what are usually simple things? The concession situation didn’t at all surprise me at BDS, but I did have to kind of laugh at it. We did all we could to properly social distance fans and minimize risk at gate entry, bathrooms, and in-seat spacing, and then almost all of that was negated at the concession stands with people standing on top of each other in line for extended periods. If we were gonna drop the ball there, with virtually no order to those lines or spacing within, there’s almost no reason we spaced seating out the way it is. What good is spacing the seating out if I’m chest to a** in line for 30 minutes with people getting refreshments?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I agree the lines were awful. I am not sure how it relates back to beer sales, but I will say there is something else making the process slow this year. Something like: less people working due to covid limitations, untrained users on the POS system, or the POS system not working.

Lots of things combined making a whole mess.
Less people working these concessions should actually make it faster. Those things have way too many people involved in the sale of pre cooked food. The Girl Scouts could do a better job with one troop mom and a folding table.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
What's the deal with the gallon ziplock bag policy and not allowing the GT clear bag this season? Are the clear bags suddenly a Covid risk?
They are trying to make entry touchless. The small gallon bags all but guarantees that they can eyeball the contents of the bags without touching them. With the much larger clear bags, they can hold folded up blankets, jackets, etc that could hide items that need to be inspected or are prohibited.

They are trying to make entry touchless. The small gallon bags all but guarantees that they can eyeball the contents of the bags without touching them. With the much larger clear bags, they can hold folded up blankets, jackets, etc that could hide items that need to be inspected or are prohibited.
They could easily have said that all contents of the GT bags had to be visible, meaning they could still be touch free. Also, people are still going to be bringing jackets, rain gear, and cold weather gear. What are they going to do about those kinds of items?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
They could easily have said that all contents of the GT bags had to be visible, meaning they could still be touch free. Also, people are still going to be bringing jackets, rain gear, and cold weather gear. What are they going to do about those kinds of items?
Honestly, I don’t know, and it’s not my issue to sort out. Just repeating what the reasoning given was. Nothing is easy to figure out with COVID, and people are always looking for loopholes with any policy. And there will always be failure points with any safeguards put into place. Case in point...the concession stand lines in BDS. Not socially distanced at all, and are long(er) and slow(er) than normal. All the safety of social distancing in your seats is totally tossed out the window the moment you get in line for food/drink.

Honestly, I don’t know, and it’s not my issue to sort out. Just repeating what the reasoning given was. Nothing is easy to figure out with COVID, and people are always looking for loopholes with any policy. And there will always be failure points with any safeguards put into place. Case in point...the concession stand lines in BDS. Not socially distanced at all, and are long(er) and slow(er) than normal. All the safety of social distancing in your seats is totally tossed out the window the moment you get in line for food/drink.
Since I don't ever go to the concession stands, that's not my issue. I talked to my ticket rep about the bag policy. He said that was the most complained about issue, but the powers that be were inflexible, although they never provided him with any reason. Rain hear or cold weather gear are going to be a BIG issue if it rains or if (when) it gets cold.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Since I don't ever go to the concession stands, that's not my issue. I talked to my ticket rep about the bag policy. He said that was the most complained about issue, but the powers that be were inflexible, although they never provided him with any reason. Rain hear or cold weather gear are going to be a BIG issue if it rains or if (when) it gets cold.
That’s why I’m glad I don’t have to make and enforce the policies at a huge venue like this. I have to do them daily on a gold course, and that’s enough of a challenge in and of itself, in a relatively safe environment. I would not, under any circumstances, want to be the decision maker(s) for a football game/sporting event during COVID.