Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year List

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
so here is the question, how does this list not at least include all the conf coaches of the year?

oh wait....its because this committee must be smarter than all the conf votings and need to create their own list to add value. LOL what a joke. At the very least you start with conf coaches of the year and add from there as you see fit. But DABO freaking SWEANEY made this list? LOL Richt?

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Well, I think it's [emoji243][emoji90] and looks like most of y'all agree. The Dodd award is supposed to be for the coach whose team excels in the classroom, in the community and on the field and I think think this team has been exceptional in each area.
And FSU and UGA teams are poster children for meeting this criteria. What a bunch of Bull. What was that committee smoking???

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
And FSU and UGA teams are poster children for meeting this criteria. What a bunch of Bull. What was that committee smoking???
Yeah, their coaches spend more time trying to figure out how they're going to get their players off suspension.....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hope you're being sarcastic. I don't think the ACC is weak....

He might've been referring to a certain coach in the SECEast (which was pretty weak).

I'm convinced this omission has more to do with the tie-in to the peach bowl committee. Don't they have a recent history of ignoring us presumably on purpose. Either that or he's somehow not eligible (although I can't think of any criterion by which he'd be ineligible while others on that list are eligible).

ETA: I'm curious to see their explanation only for comedic value. Nothing they'd say would make any sense (did I get that right, GTMom? ;)).

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
He might've been referring to a certain coach in the SECEast (which was pretty weak).

I'm convinced this omission has more to do with the tie-in to the peach bowl committee. Don't they have a recent history of ignoring us presumably on purpose. Either that or he's somehow not eligible (although I can't think of any criterion by which he'd be ineligible while others on that list are eligible).
Ohhhh, I think you're right (blonde moment[emoji12])
And I'm sure you're right on the whole tie in to the beach bowl thing....

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The answer is in the last sentance: "Each of the finalists led programs that enjoyed a successful football season while also stressing importance of academic excellence and character. The Dodd Trophy celebrates the total football program which includes winning records, the nation’s top APR scores and graduation rates, and a strong commitment to community service."

Let's face it, not many teams can compete with the sheer number of uga players performing community service. Granted, it's state mandated community service, but... ;)

Last edited:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Here, for your edification and outrage, are the members of the selection panel:

Trev Alberts
Frank Broyles
Bob Casciola
Marino Casem
Lee Corso
Doug Dickey
Paul Dietzel
Terry Donahue

Ron Franklin
Ray Graves
Steve Hatchell
Keith Jackson
Brad Nessler
John Ralston
Darrell Royal
Doug Weaver

You ARE being sarcastic, right?

Some of these people are dead - this joke went right over my head.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I nominate @Augusta_Jacket for GTSwarm Post of the Year :D:D:D
Seconded (as soon as he gets me another keyboard .. I'm partial to wireless)

I can't believe people get worked up over meaningless stuff like this.

Hey, it's a slow news week we need something to talk about. We all understand it's basically meaningless but, as fans, we like to see "our guys" get recognized.

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
While I don't get to worked up about it, I would not say it is meaningless. Good press is good press. So not being nominated means we are missing out on an opportunity for good press. Would have been great to have GT and our coach be presented with an award during the Peach Bowl.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
@Techster I don't think Bark Madley's article is sarcasm. If he's a true dawg fan, then he's as fed up with Richt as anyone. He loves bashing us and Richt has stolen months of cheap jabs he could take at us. He already had the articles written about how GT had a good season but... then HfB had to ruin it all. Then DJ White made sure he and HfB went down in GT football history

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Looking at it from another angle, it is nice to have 2 coaches that lost to us be nominated for coach of the year. Otherwise, this makes no sense unless this was a preseason selection that didn't get updated!