blackout map for saturday jax state game

Deleted member 2897

We are giving out free tickets to anybody from FL and SC to be nice after their having to evacuate for Hurricane Irma. All you have to do is show a state issued ID from either state. So anybody with those types of IDs can get tickets. The game should officially 'sell out'. So if it stays blacked out, its only because they hate Georgia Tech.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Sup friend. I too live in Fairfax county and was wondering why the game was blacked out in our area. The whole eastern seaboard is blacked out it looks like, not just the southeast. Unfortunately I have PSVue and don't get CSN Mid-Atlantic.
POTOMAC MILLS IN THE HOUSE... b Used to live in PWC, then Arlington... Surprised that y'all are blacked out. I have it set to record here and should have it late Saturday/Early Sunday if you can get Tunein or one of the streams to work.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Sup friend. I too live in Fairfax county and was wondering why the game was blacked out in our area. The whole eastern seaboard is blacked out it looks like, not just the southeast. Unfortunately I have PSVue and don't get CSN Mid-Atlantic.

I'm a PSVue'r too, and luckily we get the game on NESN up here in Boston. Although I hope they don't pull any kind of dickery and black out the game...I had a local broadcast CBS game blacked out on the service on Saturday for some reason. Apparently they also block Thursday night NFL games on NFL Network. Things like this are making me think about switching to the DirectTV streaming app.
Btw isn't it awesome being able to change TV providers whenever you want? I'm never going back to cable

Does any one have Comcast and get the regional Fox sports Channels, ie Fox Sports South? I can't seem to get the idiots at Comcast to tell me if they even carry them.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I'm a PSVue'r too, and luckily we get the game on NESN up here in Boston. Although I hope they don't pull any kind of dickery and black out the game...I had a local broadcast CBS game blacked out on the service on Saturday for some reason. Apparently they also block Thursday night NFL games on NFL Network. Things like this are making me think about switching to the DirectTV streaming app.
Btw isn't it awesome being able to change TV providers whenever you want? I'm never going back to cable

cant say it enough. if youre on a pc you can use a free vpn to bypass a blackout. my suggestion would be to make sure you test your logins etc well before the game to make sure you dont run into a glitch. i just that myself last night. i tried to watch a game that was blacked out to me with my normal log in using sling tv as my provider. once i logged back in after using a vpn i was able to watch a blacked out game.

if you can stream that game to your tv thats even better.

i looked for a vpn app to use with my firestick but i didnt find one that suited me.

i have the program kodi for firetv dl'd that is supposed to be ka. ive seen where i can add a vpn to kodi but at this point i have not messed with kodi yet as im still learning firetve... sling.... etc.

baby steps.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping not to have to mess around with vpn and was going to use my Chicago brother's watchespn login for games I can't get. Does that app restrict viewing based on where the account is based (i.e. which local cable provider) or where you physically are? I've never gotten a straight answer on that question before.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Do you have a VPN that you recommend?

i used hotspot shield in the past but i think that it has now limited the number of minutes of use for none paying users so it may end before the game is over. not sure if you can fix that by relogging in.

i now use opera as a browser and it has its own vpn i will be using.

cnet may give you a direction to go with its dl feature.

nwgatech

Georgia Tech Fan
What I have found is I can start the game from my phone hotspot on Espn3 even if blacked out locally. Then after stream starts I change to my home wifi and the stream continues. Easiest done through a laptop or tablet or smartphone.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Thank goodness the game wasn't blacked out!

There aren't really any blackouts in college football. It doesn't matter if the team doesn't sell one ticket, it can still be broadcast. The issue with the ACC regionally telecast games is who carries it, not whether it can be carried. A regional carrier has the rights to the games. The regional carriers contract with ESPN to allow national broadcast outside of the region. So basically, if you are outside of the regional carrier's area, you could watch the game through ESPN. If you are inside the regional area, you have to use the regional broadcaster. The issue people run into is if they get ESPN, but not the regional network then you can't see the regional broadcast, and can't get ESPN access because you are in the regional area. This would be the case with Sling Orange.