Black Watch Replica Leak

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I really wish black was our secondary color and not navy.
Gold pops a lot better on black.

Anyways this is the "mesh" version. I expect the authentic to come up any day now. Replicas are usually the cheaper version.

Curious if the authentic jerseys have the GT logo on them. Otherwise its just a black jersey with gold and white stripes.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I really wish black was our secondary color and not navy.
Gold pops a lot better on black.

Anyways this is the "mesh" version. I expect the authentic to come up any day now. Replicas are usually the cheaper version.

Curious if the authentic jerseys have the GT logo on them. Otherwise its just a black jersey with gold and white stripes.
Other color “replicas” usually have the GT on them if the authentics do. So since these don’t have the GT on them, I’m assuming the authentics won’t as well.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Other color “replicas” usually have the GT on them if the authentics do. So since these don’t have the GT on them, I’m assuming the authentics won’t as well.
That is extremely odd. Who would pay $75 -$125 dollars for a basic jersey? If I wore it out in public no one would have any idea what team it is. Possibly Vandy, Wake Forest, UCF?

Definitely a NOT buy if there are no logos. I get it is a tribute to the former blackwatch, but sheesh this looks way too basic.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
That is extremely odd. Who would pay $75 -$125 dollars for a basic jersey? If I wore it out in public no one would have any idea what team it is. Possibly Vandy, Wake Forest, UCF?

Definitely a NOT buy if there are no logos. I get it is a tribute to the former blackwatch, but sheesh this looks way too basic.
Well, to be fair, they are called the black watch throwback jerseys. And they are supposed to look like these, which they do....

154B2866-E44E-4C7F-972D-7C72CE6CE01E.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

I think you’d be better off getting a Swilling throwback jersey than that one. The wrong teams colors are closer.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Well, to be fair, they are called the black watch throwback jerseys. And they are supposed to look like these, which they do....

View attachment 9361
Oh I agree it is a throwback, but... it's 2020. They should of made it updated.

It is disrespectful for them to put on an almost exact replica when the defense is playing the way it is. I could see wearing black, but not an exact replica. They need to earn that.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh I agree it is a throwback, but... it's 2020. They should of made it updated.

It is disrespectful for them to put on an almost exact replica when the defense is playing the way it is. I could see wearing black, but not an exact replica. They need to earn that.
Well...considering apparel order lead times are often 8-12 months or more in advance, I really doubt when these were scripted and ordered that anyone figured out defense would suck quite this bad. Lol.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Well...considering apparel order lead times are often 8-12 months or more in advance, I really doubt when these were scripted and ordered that anyone figured out defense would suck quite this bad. Lol.
Lol I agree. Then shelve them for next year! If I am Collins I show the team the jerseys and get them hype, then say they don't deserve it. They can get them when they are top 3 in the ACC on defense.

That will breed competition.