Bill Connelly's 2017 GT Preview

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Mitchell has a long way to go if you think he's like Rodgers. And idk if Bruce is faster than other LB's we have recently had, PJ Davis was pretty fast.
People said the same about Rodgers until Brooking came along. Those two had a synthesis that made them great. Let's hope that BJ-S will do that. And, yes, he's a lot faster then PJ is.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
People said the same about Rodgers until Brooking came along. Those two had a synthesis that made them great. Let's hope that BJ-S will do that. And, yes, he's a lot faster then PJ is.
Wheres your proof that Bruce is faster? Film? If so you can't make that assessment and expect it to be true.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Wheres your proof that Bruce is faster? Film? If so you can't make that assessment and expect it to be true.
Bruce and PJ ran about the same 40. PJ's pro day range was up to almost a 4.7 and I could only find the one 4.57 time for Bruce. Looks inconclusive.

Bruce
PJ

PJ has a little quicker short shuttle time, which is valuable inside though probably not as valuable as Bruce's frame.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Bruce and PJ ran about the same 40. PJ's pro day range was up to almost a 4.7 and I could only find the one 4.57 time for Bruce. Looks inconclusive.

Bruce
PJ

PJ has a little quicker short shuttle time, which is valuable inside though probably not as valuable as Bruce's frame.
At his pro day the article I saw said he PJ was around a 4.6. I don't trust most high school 40's though, I've seen some crazy ones.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He gives us a turn of speed at LB that we haven't seen since K-Michael Hall.
I accept your point about speed in last year's group. However, we have had some really fast LBs playing for us after K-Mike. Heck, I am not sure but I would guess that Phillip Wheeler (on the same team with K-Mike) was even faster as well.

The group of Brandon Watts, Quashawn Nealy, Jabari Hunt (before suspension), and Jeremiah Attaochu was pretty darned fast in the 3-4 not that long ago.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I accept your point about speed in last year's group. However, we have had some really fast LBs playing for us after K-Mike. Heck, I am not sure but I would guess that Phillip Wheeler (on the same team with K-Mike) was even faster as well.

The group of Brandon Watts, Quashawn Nealy, Jabari Hunt (before suspension), and Jeremiah Attaochu was pretty darned fast in the 3-4 not that long ago.
Jabari Hunt was not fast, sorry, but it's true.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
We need to stay healthy on OL and DL. Need to get backup QB game experience real fast. MJ keepers make him vulnerable. JT seemed to know how to go down to avoid injury.
I never got to try to tackle him myself, but he appeared to be next to impossible to square up...

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
No worse than a RB carry. A pocket qb is more vulnerable imo.
That's a very good comparison. But, most RB's don't play every snap for that very reason. A #2 RB will get a lot of PT. With MJ's running style being very similar to that of a RB, it's reasonable to think that a #2 QB could expect to be a significant piece this year.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Fastest LB's we've had in my memory were Brandon Watts and Gary Guyton. I don't know of any LB's in the game faster than those two. I don't know how fast Brooking was - he may be in their league as well. K-Mike Hall was not fast, that wasn't really his strength. He would knock your head off though and was quick enough.
Smith and Fox
Wilkerson and Reis
Wheeler and Hall (later Guyton)
We've had some dynamic duos in our recent past.