Biggest issue to fix, going into next season

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
Different plays on the o side of the ball. Tired seeing the same plays over and over. Shotgun on passing down. D side be aggressive and different blitz packages. Most of all like to see our guys in different color jersey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Special teams without a doubt. It absolutely killed us all year. Look at every loss and every close game and you can find 2-3 just awful plays.

The thing with the kicker was just silly. How do you shank 37 yard field goals into the back of the O line?

Go recruit another kicker and hire a special teams coach. If we go into next season with the rest of the staff splitting special teams again it will be the same mess.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The fans were on par with the team this year so we have plenty of room for improvement. There were a lot of empty seats at BDS (until UGA came to town). There are quite a few people that don’t cheer or even stand up, even for third down D. The fans can’t even get to the game on time. Over the past few years, I’ve been to Notre Dame, Auburn, and Clemson. All larger stadiums but much, much louder crowds and a very electric atmosphere. We could never be that loud at BDS but we can do much better.

Jmonty71

Banned
The fans were on par with the team this year so we have plenty of room for improvement. There were a lot of empty seats at BDS (until UGA came to town). There are quite a few people that don’t cheer or even stand up, even for third down D. The fans can’t even get to the game on time. Over the past few years, I’ve been to Notre Dame, Auburn, and Clemson. All larger stadiums but much, much louder crowds and a very electric atmosphere. We could never be that loud at BDS but we can do much better.

Heck... If the Athletic Dept wants to fill the stadium, have them donate the tickets to vets, via VETTIX. Donate the tickets that would be in view of cameras. This way you pack the stadium and help a very good program. That would be my solution. Just to offer it up.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Do away with the bench seats put in chairback seats go from 55,000 to 48,500 and make it hard to get a ticket. Plus it will give you more room.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Without calling anyone's name. Whether it be player or coach. What do you think needs fixed the most, before next season? And give an explanation as to why. If you really want to score points, say how to fix it. If you can't that's fine.. I'm sure we have enough smart people on here...
QB, OL, DL, WR, RB, DB, and LB.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Without calling anyone's name. Whether it be player or coach. What do you think needs fixed the most, before next season? And give an explanation as to why. If you really want to score points, say how to fix it. If you can't that's fine.. I'm sure we have enough smart people on here...
Relent on some of these stubborn absolute, policies like OL recruits have to attend our summer camp to get an offer, at which point they're already holding 25 offers from everyone else. Also, quit holding 5 scholarships for walk-ons, get in on the transfer market, and try to ensure we aren't in a position of having 0 functional depth at certain position groups. Take the best body available.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Bring in a new head coach if not the state of the program will only get worse. There are a lot of coaches available right now due to all the head coaching changes and GT is doing nothing. I know several people that has said if nothing is done they will not buy tickets next year . And don't say GT can't afford this or that if they wanted to do something they could.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Bring in a new head coach if not the state of the program will only get worse. There are a lot of coaches available right now due to all the head coaching changes and GT is doing nothing. I know several people that has said if nothing is done they will not buy tickets next year . And don't say GT can't afford this or that if they wanted to do something they could.
wrong thread bro

Jmonty71

Banned
That kind of doesn't follow the no blame game, rule. Bring in a new HC, is pretty much targeting CPJ. It's ok to say we need a new philosophy, it's ok to say we need some more inventive plays, but bring in a new HC, pretty much is nothing more than saying, fire CPJ. Which is not what this thread is about.

Mojo71

Georgia Tech Fan
The battle ground starts in the trenches, so in saying that, OL and DL are the obvious choices.
OL: Because teams have big DTs and we have small OGs, how can you run the ball up the middle.
DL: DEs are very light, meaning no password rush,and can't stop the run. If Tech can fix these issues, we'll be OK.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
The battle ground starts in the trenches, so in saying that, OL and DL are the obvious choices.
OL: Because teams have big DTs and we have small OGs, how can you run the ball up the middle.
DL: DEs are very light, meaning no password rush,and can't stop the run. If Tech can fix these issues, we'll be OK.
AMEN !! WE MUST MAKE 3RD AND 3-4 YARDS CONSISTENTLY WITH A RUN ! WE NEED TO STOP 3RD AND 8-9 YARDS SEVERAL TIMES WITH A SACK , OR AT LEAST A DISRUPTING HURRY !!

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
We've got to have beastly offensive linemen that can impose their will on our opponents and beastly defensive linemen that can plug gaps and shed blockers to put immense pressure on opposing QBs.

QB play has to be better overall with relation to reads and passing accuracy. Special attention in recruiting has to be paid to taller, heavier passers who can run when necessary over smaller pure runners who can throw a little.

Bigger more physical lockdown corners and ball hawking safeties. Better tackling on defense as a whole.

$$$ for a designated Special Teams coordinator, and a kicking coach.

$$$$ for recruiting assistants.

Academic side has got to start caring what happens in Georgia Tech's "front porch" (athletics).