Big Play Video

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think long plays cause defenses to keep defenders back away from the line -agree?
Can we keep up the gash like runs w out Marshall ?
I think so as our play calling and ol play and skill position blocking is on the rise. if we can pass and mills comes thru we will be good to very good.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
LOVE IT! Some observations....

1. We will miss JT's passing.
2. We will miss MM's speed. Man that guy can truck it.
3. We will continue to enjoy Clinton Lynch and his play-making ability. That guy is sneaky fast and hard to bring down.
4. Waaaayyy to many "House Calls." Demetra could use some help here. Maybe we need a thread for creative ideas on how to call a GT TD?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Saw this on another site...

Thanks for posting that. Not bad for the grind-it-out guys, was it? A couple of things jump out just from a 13 minute look at the best of the season, not necessarily a fair gauge, but one is the development of Stewart from last season. Became the go-to receiver and did it big time. Another is Marshall. Anyone who thinks we won't miss him is whistling past the graveyard. We could go from being exceptional at B back to being good, and that is taking nothing away from Mills. Too bad. And then, if one were preparing an instructional tape for passing technique, Justin Thomas would not be on it. He can sling it and quickly, but it is oddly catawampus from start through finish. No telling how strong an arm he would have if he threw off the back foot. Really interesting tape, though. Thanks again.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for posting that. Not bad for the grind-it-out guys, was it? A couple of things jump out just from a 13 minute look at the best of the season, not necessarily a fair gauge, but one is the development of Stewart from last season. Became the go-to receiver and did it big time. Another is Marshall. Anyone who thinks we won't miss him is whistling past the graveyard. We could go from being exceptional at B back to being good, and that is taking nothing away from Mills. Too bad. And then, if one were preparing an instructional tape for passing technique, Justin Thomas would not be on it. He can sling it and quickly, but it is oddly catawampus from start through finish. No telling how strong an arm he would have if he threw off the back foot. Really interesting tape, though. Thanks again.
The weird part of JT's throwing mechanics is his follow through. He correctly transfers his weight to his front foot, but most qb's don't do a full body pivot on it following the release. Instead of pivoting 90 degrees and finishing square to the target, JT pivots 180 degrees and finishes with his throwing shoulder pointed towards his target. Also, all the qb's steps are supposed to be within the "cylinder" of his body. JT steps way outside his cylinder.

Watch this instructional vid from the 9:30 point on.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The weird part of JT's throwing mechanics is his follow through. He correctly transfers his weight to his front foot, but most qb's don't do a full body pivot on it following the release. Instead of pivoting 90 degrees and finishing square to the target, JT pivots 180 degrees and finishes with his throwing shoulder pointed towards his target. Also, all the qb's steps are supposed to be within the "cylinder" of his body. JT steps way outside his cylinder.

Watch this instructional vid from the 9:30 point on.

Terrific. Where was this video when I was trying to be a QB? It reminded me a little of a pitching discussion I overheard when Sandy Koufax was demonstrating his classic, power pitching form, and the pushoff from his left leg, (his back leg). It was sometimes incredibly technical which surprised me, but stripped to essentials it was that when throwing properly the body was a catapult with two levers, throwing arm and back leg, and the back leg was the most important of the entire process. Thanks.

slugboy

Staff member
Would like to replay the Pitt and UNC games in a big way.

Jordan looked really smooth. Hope he can get to be as smooth as TW was.

We have nice talent at A-Back.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Would like to replay the Pitt and UNC games in a big way.

Jordan looked really smooth. Hope he can get to be as smooth as TW was.

We have nice talent at A-Back.

With "Big Play" Qua, Clinton "Down Town" Lynch, and JJ Green(couldn't think of a nick name), we are absolutely loaded at AB with big play ability. Don't forget about the speedster Cottrell going forward either.