Big men after Lammers

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Thank you.

It's pointless to even fantasize about what he'd do here. Fact of the matter is he was (likely) never getting in. Even if he got in, likely he'd be academically ineligible at some point anyway.

May as well just move on.

SMH...KG spoiling the fun.

You're doing messageboarding all wrong, bro...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
SMH...KG spoiling the fun.

You're doing messageboarding all wrong, bro...

Wha .. who said anything about motorboard .. ohhh, you said ... :D

I'm just frustrated overall sports-wise. Sorry to spoil the fun(sic). :oops:

Carry on my wayward sons ...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wha .. who said anything about motorboard .. ohhh, you said ... :D

I'm just frustrated overall sports-wise. Sorry to spoil the fun(sic). :oops:

Carry on my wayward sons ...

KG just quoted Kansas. Kansas...

It's getting too crazy in here for me.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Thank you.

It's pointless to even fantasize about what he'd do here. Fact of the matter is he was (likely) never getting in. Even if he got in, likely he'd be academically ineligible at some point anyway.

May as well just move on.
Obviously we need to get better at cheating /s (maybe)

GT_EE78

Banned
sounds like we'll have about a half dozen guys about 6'9 or so for next year. so hopefully things work out but none of these guys are currently an average quality acc starter ... so i'd sure feel a lot more confident if that last recruit is a 4-5 star big or transfer who could play immediately

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I've only seen a smattering, but I like Gueye better at the 5 spot with athletic wings around him than trying to play as a 4 beside Lammers. I am not certain how things will shake up RE: Ogbonda, Cole, Wright, and Slojund. I imagine that we'll try to use Slojund in the beginning exclusively as a stretch 4 (body development, skill set, experience). There's a lot of possibility with the other guys. We'll see who develops. Personally I would hate to have to play 2 guys on the court that aren't proven. We've seen the pain that causes so far.

bos

Helluva Engineer
I saw Evan Cole workout yesterday and he's looking very good, picked up a lot of good weight in the last several months. Tech has him at 211 pounds, but he's easily past 225 right now. However, he's closer to 6'7" than 6"9.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I expected Cole to give us some outside shooting based on his HS film. We need that outside shot for the kickout when the defense collapses to stop penetration. I thought he would be ahead of Wright but guess not. Need rebounding more?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We really need to get Wright/Ogbonda/Cole some experience this year.

Gueye will be serviceable and his length will allow him to do fine defensively at the 5 spot. IMO we really need Wright to put on some bulk, which I think he has the frame for, and to get some experience. He has a nice jumper, and good handles, but needs to work on decision making and consistent effort rebounding. IMO by next year he will be a really good player, capable of being a match up problem for most teams. The question is will he be that at the beginning or the end of the year. I liked Ogbonda's potential but we just haven't really seen him this year. I think he could potentially be a solid contributor but he needs to get and stay healthy, and get experience himself.

Cole, I just don't know what to think of him. I thought he and Wright were pretty close coming in, but he just hasn't seemed to adapt at the same pace. While Wright still has ways to go he has shown more flashes of contributing this year, where Cole has looked lost more often than not and only brief flashes. I think the base is there, and the light could click for him but for now I don't see him contributing much until his junior year. However, when the light does click I think he'll be a very good offensive player.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Its a long season and new guys can get experience and somewhat better but looking at the C position--to me the BEST hope for high level play is for a grad transfer as the guys we have now seemingly either have serious needs in size,off or def talent and/or exp.