Best Secondary in Georgia Tech history?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
IMG_1476.jpg

Scary sight...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'll have to wait till I see them play, but I did read from another poster, that a radio guy in SC (Clemson fan I believe) said that we signed the best DB class in the country this past year.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'd have to go with this one 1990

Thomas Balkcom*
DB
Willie Clay* DB
Curley Day* DB
Ken Swilling* DB
Eric Bellamy DB
Keith Holmes DB
Kevin Peoples

athletically that was a great group. They also had the benefit of a strong front 7 playing in front of them. We have had some pretty good db's (individually and collectively) that would have "appeared to be" much better with the benefit of a stronger presence in front of them.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I'd have to go with this one 1990

Thomas Balkcom*
DB
Willie Clay* DB
Curley Day* DB
Ken Swilling* DB
Eric Bellamy DB
Keith Holmes DB
Kevin Peoples

Balkcom was an underappreciated enforcer at strong safety. Swilling was an All American and played like one until that ankle injury he suffered against Clemson. Willie Clay wasn't called "Big Play" for nothing. Curley Day, Bellamy, Holmes, and Peoples all had their moments. Just really good football players all of them. Have not seen their equal on the flats in almost 30 years although 2006 (I think) group was very good also.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Balkcom was an underappreciated enforcer at strong safety. Swilling was an All American and played like one until that ankle injury he suffered against Clemson. Willie Clay wasn't called "Big Play" for nothing. Curley Day, Bellamy, Holmes, and Peoples all had their moments. Just really good football players all of them. Have not seen their equal on the flats in almost 30 years although 2006 (I think) group was very good also.

yep,
Clay that yr had one of the best seasons for a DB in Tech history and I've been watching for 60 yrs.Swilling before injury was scary.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Tell me about the pass rush and I'll tell you how good our secondary will be.

let me get this straight..are you suggesting that the secondary play is NOT independent of the play of the other 7 who are on the field with them???