Best GT team since 1990

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
The only other team that could have an argument is the 98 team but Orange bowl > Gator bowl. Such a fun team to watch. Probably my favorite GT team since I've been a fan.

Scubapro

Banned
I cant disagree...best TEAM other than 1990 and I have been watching since Eddie Lee was running the ball.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The best part about this team is how they constantly improved all season. They had some good breaks early and survived some games. However, by the end of the season, they were overcoming bad break after bad break. All of the breaks went against us tonight and we still found a way to play through it and win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After winning this game, our power ranking should be over 80%. So yes, this is the best team since 1990 on that measure but close to the 2009 team. But I enjoyed this one much more the whole way through, largely because of this site. Thanks all.

nvo2opa25t2oytu6g.jpg

Ugasux

Georgia Tech Fan
You are so right about overcoming bad breaks Boomer! I lost my mind in the dog game and tonights game with the bullsh_t fumble calls! This team improved each week and never let those calls get them down! So proud of the team and I thank you and Longestday for your analysis.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
The best part about this team is how they constantly improved all season. They had some good breaks early and survived some games. However, by the end of the season, they were overcoming bad break after bad break. All of the breaks went against us tonight and we still found a way to play through it and win.

So true. We could've beaten MSU by 5 TD's. The BS non fumble call and the Hail Mary. And we endured. Not only endured but won handily. All time great GT team.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In most thing - it's not how good you are at the start. It's how fast you get better. The improvement of this team post UNC will be remembered for as long as there is ga tech football.

We have just scratched the surface of what coaches offense can do - add some dominant defense and watch out.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of bad breaks, how many of you guys were beside yourself when the fumble was not counted due to forward progress?

If only we had SEC refs, like the ones in the uGA game. By their standard, we would have had 4-5 seconds to get the possession of the ball, after MSU's forward progress was stopped.:rolleyes:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Well I was 1 in 1990 but this is definitely the best team I can remember. The offensive domination is up there with 1998 and I actually think our D is better somehow.

dcyellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Speaking of bad breaks, how many of you guys were beside yourself when the fumble was not counted due to forward progress?
You know, I think this team has taught me serenity or something. I thought it was a bad call, but what I felt then and after the hail mary was continued confidence that they would find a way to win. Earlier in the year I would have been livid in both cases, but they've instilled a quiet confidence in me that's made me much less of a pain to watch a game with.