Best chance for a win ?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Cant guess. We haven’t seen anything consistent enough to feel growth yet. The staff made a huge error not going with graham from game 1. I believe if they do we may have won 2-3 already.

Now he has just the one game. Some good. Some bad as expected. But potential is there. He will grow.

Heck. We may win nc st, duke and vt. Thats why u play. But right now hard for me to see us winning the next game. Gonna have to be a late season win

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Cant guess. We haven’t seen anything consistent enough to feel growth yet. The staff made a huge error not going with graham from game 1. I believe if they do we may have won 2-3 already.

Now he has just the one game. Some good. Some bad as expected. But potential is there. He will grow.

Heck. We may win nc st, duke and vt. Thats why u play. But right now hard for me to see us winning the next game. Gonna have to be a late season win

With the fact that they really want to just throw it all over the place. I agree should have had graham game 2 forward (i still agree with the TO choice against clemson. Clemson obviously prepped for a passing attack but I think i'd have swtich to graham at half and thrown it around.)

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

I don't think it's a huge error by the staff. Graham himself said he wasn't that focused on football in the spring as he had to get his grades up. Hard to start him game 1 when football wasn't a priority in the spring

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I agree with most of this.

I think our talent was not put in the best position to win in games 2-5, even with a transition from CPJ to what CGC wants to do.

While I'm not sure about the decision to not start Graham sooner, I agree that we've been too inconsistent to predict future success.

I think many of us have lost perspective. Graham had an ESPN QBR of 23. Reacting as if he's the obvious answer is not as clear to me.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

It reads to me like they hoped Lucas Johnson would be the guy, as he may be the most accurate and they hoped to build a dink and dunk, conservative passing game with him. But it turned out the O-line was worse than they thought and then they had the injuries. Given Graham did get a fair amount of action vs Clemson and was unavailable for the Citadel game, there was really only one other game (USF) where he could have been put in to get more reps. So I can't really call it a mistake, it's just the way the circumstances turned out.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with most of this.

I think our talent was not put in the best position to win in games 2-5, even with a transition from CPJ to what CGC wants to do.

While I'm not sure about the decision to not start Graham sooner, I agree that we've been too inconsistent to predict future success.

I think many of us have lost perspective. Graham had an ESPN QBR of 23. Reacting as if he's the obvious answer is not as clear to me.

Statistics for this programs point of transition talent and youth of graham is more than silly to bother with imo. Nix had a qbr of 6 at AU vs Uf. Yes. Uf is good. So is auburn. And auburn has been in a mature system. Point being young guys do struggle. So its also not an indictment either.

Graham is the only scheme answer we have on roster right now that seemingly can execute what we want to do the most effective. Therefore being the obvious answer he is. Until yates or gleason does better....or whoever. But today. Yes. He is our answer for sure. There is no one else right now. Imo had he taken over earlier in fall, not had academic issues etc, i do think we look a tad better. And with him being the current answer it helps the whole O transition. As we get to run what we intend to in the future. More practice

Maybe we land a stud qb and he is the new answer. For now though iiwii

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer

Agree. But given all that , do you have a guess ?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I can't really predict when we will get a win. Duke, Pitt, VPI, Miami and even NC State are all in play, as far as I am concerned, because you don't know what you will get from them each week and all are capable of giving games away. But we need a lot of things to go right all at once, so it's really hard to say what week that will happen, but I believe it will, at least once.