Best chance for a win ?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Our best chance for a win will come against whatever team we can manage to go 50/50 with in the trenches. Miami might play like a bunch of individuals but they have loads of size and talent and will push our OL and DL all over the field in that game.

Personally, I'm liking NCST. I'd give us a fighting chance against VT too. I do think we steal 1 more win before the season is over. We NEED to start dialing up pressure with 5 man rushes, which we were unable to do all last Saturday.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
MIND RITE

right.gif

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Then Graham would have gotten even fewer reps than he did, and would have been less ready to take over for LJ and TO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're moving the goalposts. Your original assertion was, "If we’d established our clear #1 starter, we wouldn’t have our current starter," a point that I refuted with evidence to back up my claim. If your claim is that bad ideas, in this case rotating QBs, can have beneficial results, I agree. Nothing happens in a vacuum. However, your original post implies a new, pernicious narrative that a few are pushing on this site, that Graham's eligibility is the true cause for the QB rotation, and that P'Nut had a limited choice in the matter. That is easily refuted by quoting P'Nut regarding the QB rotation, "You’re going in and you’re saying, ‘OK, what is this series of downs, what is this field position, what are you looking to do, what are your formations, what have you been good at, what are they taking away?'" Moreover, P'Nut's quote regarding LJ with context included, "Patenaude added that the only time where there was a clear choice was in third-and-long situations, when Johnson was the choice because Johnson “was just a better in-the-pocket thrower than Tobias was during those first few weeks.” Beyond that, Patenaude called it “just a feel thing.'”

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
You're moving the goalposts. Your original assertion was, "If we’d established our clear #1 starter, we wouldn’t have our current starter," a point that I refuted with evidence to back up my claim. If your claim is that bad ideas, in this case rotating QBs, can have beneficial results, I agree. Nothing happens in a vacuum. However, your original post implies a new, pernicious narrative that a few are pushing on this site, that Graham's eligibility is the true cause for the QB rotation, and that P'Nut had a limited choice in the matter. That is easily refuted by quoting P'Nut regarding the QB rotation, "You’re going in and you’re saying, ‘OK, what is this series of downs, what is this field position, what are you looking to do, what are your formations, what have you been good at, what are they taking away?'" Moreover, P'Nut's quote regarding LJ with context included, "Patenaude added that the only time where there was a clear choice was in third-and-long situations, when Johnson was the choice because Johnson “was just a better in-the-pocket thrower than Tobias was during those first few weeks.” Beyond that, Patenaude called it “just a feel thing.'”
Or, he had and has no clue what he is doing and said what he needed to say to the media to cover that up. Like make it out like there is no clear better choice and he is swapping because he had to. Reality is, PNode takes too long to figure out what works. That's what I feared to begin the season and what I still feel.

slugboy

Staff member

C’mon. You moved the goalposts first. You were saying we’d have been better off picking a #1 earlier. I pointed out that we would have had LJ tabbed as that starter. TO would have been second.
Then you said we would have had Graham due to injury. So, after third string reps through the first three games, you assume he would have gotten the start over TO. Even if he did, he’d be far less prepared than he is now thanks to lack of reps. We’d have been worse off.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Or, he had and has no clue what he is doing and said what he needed to say to the media to cover that up. Like make it out like there is no clear better choice and he is swapping because he had to. Reality is, PNode takes too long to figure out what works. That's what I feared to begin the season and what I still feel.
At the present time, I am not a big fan of P'node, but he still deserves a chance during this transition season. He definitely is not as smart as some of our posters with their 20/20 hindsight.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I have " a feel thing" too, based on what I have seen so far on both sides of the ball. Because CGC helps with the D, it "feels" like they are playing faster and more aggressively then the O. It "feels" like the O is not playing confidently, but is a half step slow , having to think more than just let loose and play fast.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
At the present time, I am not a big fan of P'node, but he still deserves a chance during this transition season. He definitely is not as smart as some of our posters with their 20/20 hindsight.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
I agree, and am trying to be patient with this guy but some plays seem to make no sense. I'm gonna support our team regardless. That particular Coach, I don't know. I still think we can start winning any day now though, some continuity is building and will prove to be the difference maker.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
C’mon. You moved the goalposts first. You were saying we’d have been better off picking a #1 earlier. I pointed out that we would have had LJ tabbed as that starter. TO would have been second.
Then you said we would have had Graham due to injury. So, after third string reps through the first three games, you assume he would have gotten the start over TO. Even if he did, he’d be far less prepared than he is now thanks to lack of reps. We’d have been worse off.

No, you responded to another poster, not me. I just pointed out that we're in the same position with or without the QB rotation due to LJ injury and the staff not seeing TO as a QB. Graham played during garbage time of the Clemson game, two drives of the USF game, and in the Temple game after TO's turnovers and general lack of scoring. So the QB rotation, for all it's negatives netted LG two drives in the USF game that he would otherwise likely not have played without a QB rotation. That's a very minor benefit for a rotation process that caused a lot of problems.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, Miami (2-3) is the only team on our 2020 schedule right now who has a losing record. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up facing 8-10 teams next year who had 8+ wins this year.

I would be. No way VPI, Pitt, Duke, and UVA all win 8+ this year.

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
My head says VT is probably the best chance as we sit today (although UM looked rough). My heart wants it to be against UGA, especially if we can spoil every reporter and trailer dweller's supposed "special season."