Besides the loss, it was a fun day at Bobby Dodd!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I don't see it. What am I missing here? I don't disagree that he is on a better team...I just don't see how he has improved his chance at playing pro football.
Agreed, I don't think he's getting drafted much if any higher based on what he's done at Bama.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
You obviously didn't have an elderly fan challenge your patriotism because you didn't stand enough during all the veteran honors.

Jolly Good Fellow
he was an nfl player regardless but getting in a better situation, practicing against better players and plying better competition was 100% the right move. way more opportunity on and off the field in tuscaloosa.

also football is a dangerous game, if i’m gonna risk my body i’m gonna go to a place i might win a championship
and 4 times the NIL money he got from Ala probably helped him make decision to leave GT… Gibbs is sure thing top ten NFL draft pick

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
As a student football Saturdays were what I really looked forward to. Sitting in the east stands with a date among a bunch of other students. When I come back to campus for a game now, those memories come back. It was a great break from the academic grind. I hope the students there now develop those same memories.

Jolly Good Fellow
i dont thtink hes a firsts rounder. not because of talent but because RB dont really go 1st round anymore
You are probably correct . I have been wrong about football-related things so often lately.. like driving down to watch that disaster yesterday….

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs is putting a lot more wear on his tires over at Bama. Those SEC linebackers leave a mark when they hit you and he has taken quite a few kill shots this season. I'm sure he upped his visibility and profile at Bama but he was not going unnoticed at Tech. Those NFL scouts will find you no matter where you play, even at Georgia Tech. As someone noted, running backs do not normally go in the first round of the NFL draft. If he stays healthy, he will definitely get drafted fairly high and make a nice pay check. Since the average shelf life of an NFL running back is 3 years, I hope he is learning how to save and invest his money for it goes pretty fast if you are not careful with it. Bama looks to have fallen off quite a bit this year. I look for Saban to retire soon and for Dabo to head over to take his place.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer

"Besides the loss, it was a fun day at Bobby Dodd!"​

Other than that, how did you like the play, Mrs. Lincoln?
😆 good one.

Why I said it was fun is because the energy up until the fourth quarter was nice. Got to socialize with many GT friends and meet new ones too! The loss SUCKS. Of course it does, but being at BDS is more about just the game, it’s about tradition, community and being social with the people you love.