Besides the loss, it was a fun day at Bobby Dodd!

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Saw several of you guys! Overall a solid crowd there and several loud third downs. We probably will go 4-8 but this seasons been so much more FUN than the 2021 campaign. Met a lot of new Tech friends and made some good memories at Grant Field this year. We’re gonna have a new coach and a fresh start. Keep the faith

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
No positives to take from today. Pyron broken collarbone. Sims is a no show and will likely go into the portal. From hearing the parents at the game, there will be a lot of players leaving. Clean house completely and start fresh. Overall, not at all a fun day at Bobby Dodd.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
No positives to take from today. Pyron broken collarbone. Sims is a no show and will likely go into the portal. From hearing the parents at the game, there will be a lot of players leaving. Clean house completely and start fresh. Overall, not at all a fun day at Bobby Dodd.
We need a fresh start. After the last few years of negativity it’s what we need.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
any players that want to leave can go. but not sure many will find a place on another team.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Obviously the outcome was terrible but I’m glad you can stay positive!

When I was a student I relived nightmares about Reggie Ball throwing an INT at the goal line against UGA at the end of the game in 2005. It wasn’t healthy. There was never much chance of winning a lot of games this year, but there have been a couple of nice surprises and change is coming, which is the most important thing after recent history. If all you want are W’s, you’re gonna have a bad time unless you bandwagon whoever’s #1 in a given year.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The only guy who should leave is McCollum. He’s an NFL slot receiver who can make some money by showcasing elsewhere.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The only guy who should leave is McCollum. He’s an NFL slot receiver who can make some money by showcasing elsewhere.

I am not sure if this is sound advice. I am not sure Gibbs is better off by switching over to Bama. i switched back and forth to the Bama game from ours and he didn't seem to be a factor. In fact, I noticed Bama was going to a different back (#2) late in the game. McCollum and Gibbs, if they are pro prospects, are known to the pros whether they play at GT, Bama or Mercer.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Re: transfers…Some, perhaps many, would rather have the GT degree. We probably have more players like that than many P5 programs, guys who know they’re not heading to the NFL and also know they have literally zero chance at GT academically without football.

I agree this season has been more fun than last. G… is gone, the hill cares, new AD. I’m encouraged but it requires patience.

JacketFan137

Banned
I am not sure if this is sound advice. I am not sure Gibbs is better off by switching over to Bama. i switched back and forth to the Bama game from ours and he didn't seem to be a factor. In fact, I noticed Bama was going to a different back (#2) late in the game. McCollum and Gibbs, if they are pro prospects, are known to the pros whether they play at GT, Bama or Mercer.
gibbs is 100% better off switching this is crazy talk

JacketFan137

Banned
I don't see it. What am I missing here? I don't disagree that he is on a better team...I just don't see how he has improved his chance at playing pro football.
he was an nfl player regardless but getting in a better situation, practicing against better players and plying better competition was 100% the right move. way more opportunity on and off the field in tuscaloosa.

also football is a dangerous game, if i’m gonna risk my body i’m gonna go to a place i might win a championship

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Up until almost the end of the game Gibbs had 6 Carrie’s for three yards

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Up until almost the end of the game Gibbs had 6 Carrie’s for three yards
I have to say that i don't watch much Bama FB (or any team outside of GT). But if I am being candid, my takeway is that he isn't quite as special as I thought when he was here. Is it the difference between the athletes he faced in the ACC vs. te ones he plays against now? Again, I need to reiterate that I don't follow all that closely but these thoughts are based on very limited observations.