BEATING UGA

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Beat both UGA and FSU we go to orange
Beat FSU and lose to uga orange (could they put a one loss FSU in the Orange and out of the playoffs?)
Beat uga and not FSU then depends on what others do
Lose both then orange not likely

RMathis13

Georgia Tech Fan
Beat both UGA and FSU we go to orange
Beat FSU and lose to uga orange (could they put a one loss FSU in the Orange and out of the playoffs?)
Beat uga and not FSU then depends on what others do
Lose both then orange not likely
If we beat FSU we will go to the Orange Bowl because the ACC champion is the default team, not the highest ranked ACC team

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
i really want to beat uga, but not in a shootout, I want our guys to physically beat them up. i want every uga reception to be paid for by violence committed by our secondary, every runner to be gang tackled, i want us to get up nice slow after tackles and sacks, i want us to get in their faces. i want, when our victory is a foregone conclusion, to get an unnecessary roughness penalty when gotsis picks up mason and body slams him for a sack. i want uga to bark and growl at smelter when he runs through the endzone on the final score of the day, and smelter kick him in the face.

there is absolutely nothing in the world better than tech beating uga in football. if i'm in old man, and god willing tech is on the longest win streak against them and uga is relegated to div 2, i will still be so grateful for every victory against them. every single game against them should be us holding them under water until the bubbles stop.

heeled soul

Georgia Tech Fan
i thought this was pretty simple. yes.

GT is 18. clemson is 22. louisville is 24.
GT has two ranked teams left to play: #10 uga, #3 FSU
clemson has no ranked teams left to play
louisville has no ranked teams left to play

there is no way anyone jumps over GT if GT beats uga.
and the team that's ranked highest automatically goes to orange.

so, beat uga, and GT is going to orange.

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
i thought this was pretty simple. yes.

GT is 18. clemson is 22. louisville is 24.
GT has two ranked teams left to play: #10 uga, #3 FSU
clemson has no ranked teams left to play
louisville has no ranked teams left to play

there is no way anyone jumps over GT if GT beats uga.
and the team that's ranked highest automatically goes to orange.

so, beat uga, and GT is going to orange.

Yup! Beat the dwags and we go to the Orange.

But I have this weird feeling that we are going to get hurt by the bye week, and Clemson killing Ga State will oddly bump them up like 3 spots. I could see us being 19 and Clemson 18 after this weekend.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
i really want to beat uga, but not in a shootout, I want our guys to physically beat them up. i want every uga reception to be paid for by violence committed by our secondary, every runner to be gang tackled, i want us to get up nice slow after tackles and sacks, i want us to get in their faces. i want, when our victory is a foregone conclusion, to get an unnecessary roughness penalty when gotsis picks up mason and body slams him for a sack. i want uga to bark and growl at smelter when he runs through the endzone on the final score of the day, and smelter kick him in the face.

there is absolutely nothing in the world better than tech beating uga in football. if i'm in old man, and god willing tech is on the longest win streak against them and uga is relegated to div 2, i will still be so grateful for every victory against them. every single game against them should be us holding them under water until the bubbles stop.

Friends, that is some Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate.

Go Jackets! Sting 'em.

THWG

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
i don't see the committee punishing us for losing in the title game; unless its as corrupt as we all think it may be.

if we beat UGA we are in IMO
I agree with this...The ACCCG is kinda like extra credit for GT since we have no real shot at the 4 team playoff.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
i don't see the committee punishing us for losing in the title game; unless its as corrupt as we all think it may be.

Yea I don’t think there’s a single argument there unless FSU loses to BC or UF prior to facing us. I think the whole argument is that if we lose to UGA then the ACCCG could potentially screw us out of the Orange Bowl if we lose that too. I honestly think Clemson and Louisville have an Orange Bowl advantage because they are not in the ACCCG.

Goldisbest

Georgia Tech Fan
If we beat FSU we will go to the Orange Bowl because the ACC champion is the default team, not the highest ranked ACC team
This is my understanding as well. You don't get into rankings unless the ACC Champ is not available because they are in the playoff.

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
There should be no way in a sane world where Clem's son gets rewarded for beating a 1-9 SunBelt conference team which is 97th in points scored and 128th in points against. If they don't beat GSU by 77 they should be dropped a few spots.

As I have said on other threads here....just beat Ga and all will be fine. I am sure that is the only thing on the minds of every single member of the GT coaching staff right now.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck

I wish I had your level of trust in the committee, but they haven't earned it from me yet with some of the decisions that have been made and discussed at length on this board (Utah, FSU, the entire SEC).

That being said, I hope we put them in positions where they have to make some tough decisions a few times over the next few weeks. "What do we do with GT now that they're in the ACCCG? What if they take down two of our top 10 teams?"

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I wish I had your level of trust in the committee, but they haven't earned it from me yet with some of the decisions that have been made and discussed at length on this board (Utah, FSU, the entire SEC).

That being said, I hope we put them in positions where they have to make some tough decisions a few times over the next few weeks. "What do we do with GT now that they're in the ACCCG? What if they take down two of our top 10 teams?"
The committee would LOVE us to lose to UGA and beat FSU. Right now they're praying somebody beats FSU. I just hope it's us that does them the favor.