BEATING UGA

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
i really want to beat uga, but not in a shootout, I want our guys to physically beat them up. i want every uga reception to be paid for by violence committed by our secondary, every runner to be gang tackled, i want us to get up nice slow after tackles and sacks, i want us to get in their faces. i want, when our victory is a foregone conclusion, to get an unnecessary roughness penalty when gotsis picks up mason and body slams him for a sack. i want uga to bark and growl at smelter when he runs through the endzone on the final score of the day, and smelter kick him in the face.

there is absolutely nothing in the world better than tech beating uga in football. if i'm in old man, and god willing tech is on the longest win streak against them and uga is relegated to div 2, i will still be so grateful for every victory against them. every single game against them should be us holding them under water until the bubbles stop.
gospel truth right here...

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching georgie and CharSou...some general observations:

* Char's offensive line comes out of their stance and blocks standing straight up;
* Char does not have a pounding back like Days/Laskey to keep them honest in the middle;
* The Char QB was able to get to the end and turn the quarter but runs about half the speed of JT;
* There is basically no pass attack in the Char offensive package, so the georgie DBs are creeping up.

Thus...this cupcake game is not doing much for the mutts outside of giving the coahces a look at 2nd and 3rd team players. I don''t see where they can take much out of today and apply toward next Saturday.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Watching georgie and CharSou...some general observations:

* Char's offensive line comes out of their stance and blocks standing straight up;
* Char does not have a pounding back like Days/Laskey to keep them honest in the middle;
* The Char QB was able to get to the end and turn the quarter but runs about half the speed of JT;
* There is basically no pass attack in the Char offensive package, so the georgie DBs are creeping up.

Thus...this cupcake game is not doing much for the mutts outside of giving the coahces a look at 2nd and 3rd team players. I don''t see where they can take much out of today and apply toward next Saturday.

Idiots on dawgrant think chubb is going to run all over us and that it "won't be close"

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Idiots on dawgrant think chubb is going to run all over us and that it "won't be close"
What annoys me about sports fans all across the country is it seems like they don't even watch any games throughout the year to base any opionin on a team and then you actually try to talk about a game with them and you end up just nodding your head because you then realize once in the conversation that they are true idiots. Which is why I resort to message boards lol

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Okay, so I'm guessing that georgie will run a 3-4 version of the ACC defense. I found this video from Alabama's 2011 game against GS when Pruitt was a DB coach:

So, they have one of their inside linebackers back where the middle linebacker stands in the ACC D, maybe a little closer, and they have one of their outside linebackers at the line and the other fairly close to the line.

What I really like about this play is that the playside A-Back hustles down and blocks guys at the end of the play. I really expect to be able to score on them, but they'll be the best offense that we've seen in a while, perhaps all season. So, I still expect us to score ~3-3.5 pts/drive. However, it will be a question of whether we can keep them from scoring at least that much. It seems to me that the key will be turnovers, avoiding our own and forcing theirs.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
No way we get jumped by Clemson if we beat UGA. Clemson lost to them and we own head to head. If we lose the next two though I think we fall to belk or sun

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The committee would LOVE us to lose to UGA and beat FSU. Right now they're praying somebody beats FSU. I just hope it's us that does them the favor.

i'm fairly certain that the whole country (except nole fans) will be pulling for us to take down the hated fsu criminols

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
The pass was WIDE open all day for the Citadel. They just couldn't block or catch the ball when they were open. If FSU lines up like that against us Thomas will throw for 250 and 3 TDs.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
The pass was WIDE open all day for the Citadel. They just couldn't block or catch the ball when they were open. If FSU lines up like that against us Thomas will throw for 250 and 3 TDs.
That's what I saw on the video too. The DBs looked stunned that they were throwing the ball at all.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
i'm fairly certain that the whole country (except nole fans) will be pulling for us to take down the hated fsu criminols

Everyone in the ACC will be rooting for FSU vs us and for them to repeat in the natty...everyone outside of the ACC will be rooting for us (except the mutts who will be nursing a case of full on butthurt)

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
If we beat UGA and lose to FSU, we're 100% in. No questions asked. If we lose both and Louisville and Clemson both lose this weekend, we're still 100% in. Would we get in over a 9-3 Clemson or a 9-3 Louisville at 9-4? That's almost impossible to determine unless you're actually on the committee. My guess would be we're out, but a guess is all it is.