Be carfull what you wish for remember "Nebraska"

stech81

Helluva Engineer
No one wished for anything. He wasn’t fired. He wasn’t forced out. This isn’t a Nebraska situation or UT. He is retiring. Taking a break

Gt doesn’t have a karma issue like they did
No he wasn't fired but I'm not sure he is retiring.
“After 40 years of coaching, it’s time to take a break,” Johnson said

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. He may come back like urban meyer. But urban left similarly in the regard they didn’t need to but needed a break. He was not pushed out.

This.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he answers a phone call from a B1G school, especially after a year off.

Don't laugh, but I know some Michigan long-time season-ticket holders who are tired of losing to tOSU. Can you imagine a CPJ offense with a Don Brown defense, all with Michigan talent?

With that being said, LOLvl just snatched Purdue's coach.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
This.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he answers a phone call from a B1G school, especially after a year off.

Don't laugh, but I know some Michigan long-time season-ticket holders who are tired of losing to tOSU. Can you imagine a CPJ offense with a Don Brown defense, all with Michigan talent?

MBob is definitely going to give CPJ a call now right????:LOL:

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
This.

Actually they just announced Brohm turned them down.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
11 years and just enough losing seasons to make “bowl games” plural. You know what else he did? Took us to Orange Bowls and conference championship games.

Gailey took us to bowl games every year he was here and a conference championship game. Didn’t win it but let’s not pretend we have had a upward trajectory since 2014. We’ve instead had 2 losing season in a very long string of no losing seasons over a few head coaches. Again, GT was a lot more competitive in PJs first 5 years than in his second 5 years. I think other programs caught up to the system no matter who here wants to admit that. I think most people make excuses for the system because it’s unique and different like GT is as an institution. GT fans have an inherent “middle finger” attitude because of the little engine that could syndrome and they liked that dynamic. I think it was beginning to really hurt the brand of football played here.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Gailey took us to bowl games every year he was here and a conference championship game. Didn’t win it but let’s not pretend we have had a upward trajectory since 2014. We’ve instead had 2 losing season in a very long string of no losing seasons over a few head coaches. Again, GT was a lot more competitive in PJs first 5 years than in his second 5 years. I think other programs caught up to the system no matter who here wants to admit that. I think most people make excuses for the system because it’s unique and different like GT is as an institution. GT fans have an inherent “middle finger” attitude because of the little engine that could syndrome and they liked that dynamic. I think it was beginning to really hurt the brand of football played here.
Agree

Animal02

Banned
Would rather have the highs and lows than the flat line of Chan

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
11 years and just enough losing seasons to make “bowl games” plural. You know what else he did? Took us to Orange Bowls and conference championship games.

And the two missed bowl games were more recent than either of the orange bowls, significantly more so than one. When it comes to making coaching changes you have to favor recent results because they give a better idea of what to expect going forward and that is the focus of the decision. Nobody was really pointing to 2004 when talking about keeping Hewitt, nor should they have.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Gailey took us to bowl games every year he was here and a conference championship game. Didn’t win it but let’s not pretend we have had a upward trajectory since 2014.
Chan’s best season would have been Paul’s 4th or 5th best season, behind 2008, 2009, 2014 and maybe 2016. Chan’s best bowl game was the Gator Bowl in 06 and he NEVER beat UGA.

Yeah the past few years have been tough, but I’d take even 2018 over most CCG seasons.