BC Series

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
we are so much better than out record. Horrible pitching and very questionable coaching decisions.

Taking carpenter out in game one is BS

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
We were in the ACC tournament before either of today's games started and were in the NCAA tournament after we won on Thursday. These games were pretty much formalities. Relax.
Unbelievable that we lost a series to boston college in baseball at home. Not sure that we are in the ncaa tourney.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The college baseball analysts are saying GT needs to win Tuesday to secure an at-large bid. If we lose, we are very much on the bubble and likely the wrong side of the bubble.

Also thought CDH's pitching change decisions in the first game today were odd. Down 4-2 and he brought in some guys that had not pitched much this year. Really needed one win today, but we have a chance Tuesday to redeem ourselves.

Let's go Jackets!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
The college baseball analysts are saying GT needs to win Tuesday to secure an at-large bid. If we lose, we are very much on the bubble and likely the wrong side of the bubble.

Also thought CDH's pitching change decisions in the first game today were odd. Down 4-2 and he brought in some guys that had not pitched much this year. Really needed one win today, but we have a chance Tuesday to redeem ourselves.

Let's go Jackets!
If Hall pitches Gold on Tuesday, then he must believe this to be true. Otherwise, I would save him for pool play.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
The thing that still puzzles me was taking out Carpenter. I think that move cost us a game, and I saw no reason for it at the time it was done.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
we are so much better than out record. Horrible pitching and very questionable coaching decisions.
Are we? History says otherwise. When we do host a regional or super regional, we are sent packing by a school you rarely associate with good baseball. There is only one person to blame, but he is untouchable.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Unbelievable that we lost a series to boston college in baseball at home.

BC is pretty good this year. There are no weak teams in the ACC this year with the exception of VT. It's the deepest conference in years. There could be as many as 11 teams in the conference making the NCAA tournament. BC isn't some scrub team. They're gonna be in a regional.

Not sure that we are in the ncaa tourney.

Meh. I've been wrong before but our RPI is excellent (if they left us out we'd break the record for highest RPI to not make it), we have a decent enough record in the best conference, a bunch of wins against other top RPI teams, and we made our conference tournament. I think we'll be ok

Where have you seen that if you don't mind me asking? Because I haven't seen anyone say that.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
BC is pretty good this year. There are no weak teams in the ACC this year with the exception of VT. It's the deepest conference in years. There could be as many as 11 teams in the conference making the NCAA tournament. BC isn't some scrub team. They're gonna be in a regional
That's why D1 baseball has our conference rated #1 and the SEC #2

Postseason Picture: Conference Rundown | D1Baseball.com http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/...&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=dundee_share via @d1baseball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If Hall pitches Gold on Tuesday, then he must believe this to be true. Otherwise, I would save him for pool play.

FWIW, we are in the NCAAs in my opinion without question. We have an RPI of 19 today. We have smoked teams out of conference including the sweep of Coastal. But we have lost the last three ACC series (Miami, UVa and BC), but that means more that we will get a lower seed than no seed.

Also, today D1 Baseball thinks all 10 ACC tourney teams are in with the outside possibility of UNC making 11 bids.

As to the BC play in game, pitching Gold is the only way to go to me (not that I always agree with Hall's pitching choices :cautious:). We win that and then have another three games Wednesday through Friday or Saturday. Gold would be available for the championship game on Sunday or even a play in game on Saturday if we make it that far. I doubt we make it that far but we've done it before with less offense ..... that gives the idea for another thread...... later. If we lose the game against BC, oh well, Gold has a week before NCAA play.

Trying to win makes all the sense in the world at this point. You want to have a higher RPI / seed because theoretically you have a more favorable match-up the higher your seed.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: A look at Georgia Tech’s postseason chances
“If we’re not in the NCAA tournament, that’d be the crime of the century,” Hall said. “I think that with the No. 1-ranked RPI conference, our RPI is in the top 20, and I think if you look at the number of top-25 games (Tech has played), I think we have either played the most top 25 opponents or we’re very close to playing the most top-25 opponents, and I think that goes a long way.”